Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Rob Cannon's Comments

Comment Wall (18 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 6:11pm on May 25, 2009, Mike Walker said…
Thanks for leaving a comment on that hose load. Guys are still working with different aspects of it. Tweeking it here and there. If you don't have pistol grips on your nozzles, it can be placed on a cross lay. It works best with higher pressures (ie. fog nozzles 150 psi +) The problem with lower pressure applications is that the hose may kink as it uncoiles. With the high pressure applications, it works great. 50 ft. at the door, everytime. You can look on Youtube and find several close applications. Oh, if you have houses that set very close to the street, this load works fantastic.
At 12:22pm on April 26, 2009, Patrick Dooley said…
If you look at my site http://squadfirephotos.smugmug.com I have alot more pictures of Hartford, Ct's water tower.
At 10:02pm on April 23, 2009, Joe McClelland said…
I am teaching Coordinated Fire Attack at Fire College. Probably truck/engine and standpipe. South West corner of tower. Stop on by Brother.

Fill me in on the move back.
At 12:24pm on March 3, 2009, David Kovach said…
Rob, I hope you're doing well. Sounds like you've got a great opportunity and I hope you're able to make the most of it. Keep in touch and keep learning.
At 11:04am on January 21, 2009, Scott Thompson said…
Thanks for the add.....

Be Safe
At 2:03pm on January 20, 2009, Richard B. Gasaway, PhD said…
Rob,

Thank you for the kind works and for the gift of your time to listen to The Leader's Toolbox on Firehouse.com. I really enjoy the opportunity to share my thoughts with the emergency services community and feedback like yours inspires me to work even harder.

Richard B. Gasaway, PhD
www.RichGasaway.com
At 12:43pm on January 19, 2009, Joe McClelland said…
All day long.
At 12:33am on January 19, 2009, Bill Brierton said…
Look forward to meeting you as well Rob.
At 4:23pm on January 18, 2009, Tiger Schmittendorf said…
Thanks for the connection Rob -

Let me know if you want any help with those R&R issues you mentioned.

Stay safe. Train often.
At 5:38pm on January 16, 2009, Gary Rauch said…
Rob, I here ya, but keep the chin up. When you start the new job go back to the recruit days and LISTEN and see how its done there, only give your experiences when asked. They might do things totally different. BE SAFE Bro.
At 8:48pm on January 15, 2009, Dave Anderson said…
Brother Rob,
If there is ever anything I can do for you let me know. Are you going to FDIC?

Take Care
At 9:32am on January 13, 2009, Todd McKee said…
columbus
At 9:05pm on January 12, 2009, Joe McClelland said…
Yeah Brother. That was me. I will be there this year as well. I am always at the IFSI campus teaching something. I will write you on the personal email later to talk about what you wrote me today.

Stay strong Brother.
At 12:05pm on January 11, 2009, Jim Mason said…
How's the fire duty in your dept?
At 10:40pm on January 10, 2009, Rick Lasky said…
Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for your kind words. You made my day brother!! Be safe and take care.

Rick
At 12:17pm on January 10, 2009, Jim Mason said…
Rob
Thanks for joining CSf (Common Sense Firefighitng ). It's a fire ground leadership and decison making page on the site. Jump into any discussion at any time. There are alkways some good ones going. This is the first time I have ever seen someone list fire ground size up as an area of expertise, Bravo!!! That is what it's all abot for me. I think we onlt do three things on the fire ground, no matter what our orders are - Size Up, Decide what is wrong and fix it to the best of our ability. How many members odes your dept get on the first due alarm?
Jim Mason
Chgo FD
At 1:28am on January 9, 2009, Leon Mumaw said…
Yes, it's had it's pump test and should be delivered soon. you can go to Alexis web site and see the pictures of it. Looks like a nice truck
At 12:45am on January 9, 2009, Leon Mumaw said…
Hey good to hear from ya. High school kids, thats fun! I am doing fine up here in the ice box they call MN. Retied up to God Country and getting in as much fishing as I can. Stay safe and keep in touch. Check out my blogs http://firefightersfdblog.blogspot.com and http://holdthebox.blogspot.com they are keeping me busy in the winter.
LM

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service