Today I want to give you a taste of the type of workouts that you will find in the Ultimate Fire Athlete Workout and it comes with great timing and a lot of significance... The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation provides resources and funding (via grants and donations) towards remembering our fallen and protecting our current firefighters. This "tribute" workout is difficult and will be re-introduced later this year but I felt that this week (with the NFFF campaign) that it was a great time to introduce it. So, give this challenge a try and please comment if you get the significance.
Active warm-up (perform for 30 seconds or 10 reps of each exercise for 2 circuits wit no rest between exercises)
- Standing Chops
- Step Forward toe reaches
- Knees side to side
- Cross overs
(Repeat for a total of 2 circuits)
Now that your ready...its on to the fun. All you need for this workout are some steps (or a stepmill) and a way to do pull-ups or body rows. You should time the workout from the first step to the last so you can track your fitness progress from workout to workout.
Try to keep your rest to a minimum, go from exercise to exercise at your own pace. Have fun.
1. Run stairs (or step mill) as fast as possible for 396 steps or 22 flights
2. Perform 100 push-ups (rest as little as possible)
3. Run stairs (or step mill) as fast as possible for 396 steps or 22 flights
4. Perform 100 prisoner squats
5. Run stairs (or step mill) as fast as possible for 396 steps or 22 flights
6. Perform 100 lunges (50 each leg)
7. Perform 43 pull-ups or body rows
8. Run stairs (or step mill) as fast as possible for 396 steps or 22 flights
Record your time....then pass out (just kidding)
Do you know the significance of the workout? Let me know how you did....
Stay safe and healthy,