Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Topics you provide training for:
Firefighting Tactics
Fire Investigation
Vehicle Fires
Pump Operations
Bio:
A 28-year veteran of the fire service and an assistant chief in the Yonkers (NY) Fire Department where he served as Chief of Training. He has an associate’s degree in fire protection technology and a bachelor’s degree in education. He is a certified fire instructor and municipal training officer and has been a classroom and hands-on instructor at FDIC as well as a contributing author for Fire Engineering since 1994 and Fire Nuggets.com since 2000.

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Leigh T. Hollins

Doug...nothing new in years...they probably corrected the problem, I assume. I know of no injuries from this. The only inflators that I am aware of having this problem is the driver bag inflator and in all cases I reviewed, the blast went straight out from the center of the wheel and thru the roof or sunroof.
  • David Ebel

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    A site for responders by responders.. please check it out for yourself. Be honored to have you see for yourself.
  • Brotherhood Instructors, LLC

Hey Chief,

I just wanted to pass along my condolences to you and the entire Yonkers Fire Department regarding the loss of FF Patrick Joyce. I looked for you at the funeral, but I knew you would also be busy as well.

I hope things will get easier as time passes. Let us know if you need anything!

Stay safe,

Nate DeMarse