Title/rank:
Deputy Chief
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Tour Commander, Training
Professional Qualifications:
Level 2 Fire Instructor, grant writer, fire service author.
Topics you provide training for:
Leadership, Team Building, Officer Development, Fireground Command, and Customer Service.

I am the author of Step Up and Lead and co-author of "Fireground Operational Guides". I'm also co-creator of www.FireOpsOnline.com (a website providing FREE training and tips for career and volunteer firefighters. We cover a variety of topics for everyone from probationary firefighters, to aspiring officers, and leaders of all ranks.
Areas of expertise:
Leadership, Team Building, Officer Development, and Customer Service.
Bio:
I am the author of 6 books including 'Step Up and Lead' and 'Common Valor: True Stories from New Jersey's Bravest'. I am an FDIC instructor and keynote speaker who provides specialized leadership and officer development training for organizations throughout the country. You can reach me through email: frank@commonvalor.com or cell: 973-981-1505
Web site:
http://www.frankviscuso.com

Comment Wall:

• Anthony Avillo

Hey Chief
    about time u got on this site
    hope u enjoy it
    I sometimes spend hours on it
    be safe bro
  • Justin Lewis

Hey Chief...thanks for the add!
  • Bob Lindsay

It has been awhile since I was in Kearney
  • Kevin M. Fitzhenry

Yes, it has been a long time. Things are going well in Bayonne. Maybe, next time I am in the area, I will stop by.  
  • Frandinata

Hello, nice to meet u, Sir.
  • Brian Jones

Thanks for the invite Chief, its a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Stay Safe

Brian Jones

Captain, Carlisle FD

• William L.Tanks

Hello Frank,

Glad to be your be your brother. I have intentionally avoided establishing a facebook account because I rarely have time to do web based socializing. I consider this...however networking and I honored to be a part of the community.  We will talk shop in the near future.

Regards

Willie

• Gary Schlotterbeck

Thanks Frank for the invite. Years ago my "day job" was driving 18 wheelers and I've been to and through Kearny many times. I'm originally from Hagerstown Maryland, and served in the combination department there. My service goes back to the old "tailboard riding, cast iron lunged, leather headed kick the door down and get after it days" Thankfully I've learned a few things since then; mainly due to guys like you from larger departments who takes the time to share their experiences with guys from a small six company combination department like me. Thanks again Frank!!!
  • Jeremy Richardson

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the invite. I have a ton of questions about grant writing. My Dept Chief has just put me in charge of researching grants for our department and I don't even know where to start. Any advice would be very helpful.

Jeremy