Charleston Fire Department
Title/rank:
Assistant Engineer
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Complete Restructuring
We have a dedicated new Chief in place, our Local is resurfacing on solid ground, and positive change appears to be in our future.
Professional Qualifications:
Ohio Journeyman Fire Fighter
Ohio Fire Fighter I and II
Ohio Hazmat Awareness and Operations
Ohio Fire Inspector
Ohio EMT - B
South Carolina Fire Fighter I and II
South Carolina Fire Fighter Hazmat Awareness and Operations
Topics you provide training for:
Ladder Company Operations
Areas of expertise:
Ladder Company Operations
Bio:
I served as a professional firefighter with the City of Columbus, Ohio Division of Fire as a Journeyman Fire Fighter. I was assigned to Engine and Ladder 24, Ladder 28, and Engine 3. I also worked simutaneously as a part time Fire Fighter with the Washington Township Fire Department in Dublin, Ohio. I now work as an Assistant Engineer/Fire Fighter for the City of Charleston, South Carolina. I hold a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio, also my hometown.

Comment Wall:

• Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Welcome to the site Sean... love see the Charleston guys coming on.
  • David Ebel

Hi Sean,

Please allow me to introduce you to our special site for responders. It was designed for firefighters and other responders by responders. It is a great place to meet and have fun, join discussions and forums, play games and just have fun on good days. When you have a "bad call" it is a safe place to vent, debrief or let it all out to others that are there for you. Many of those here are trained in CISM and are peer counselors. Others are skilled at even more knowledgeable levels ... all here for you or your friends when needed. With over 25 years of firefighting and chaplaincy I can appreciate the need for as sight that is safe and helpful

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Chaplain David Ebel
    Bakersfield, CA
  • Sean Harshaw

Glad to be a part of the Fire Engineering community. I love Fire Engineering, the magazine, the website, our love of the fire service. Thanks for the warm welcome...It's a testatment of what makes Fire Engineering so great:)