"Outside The Box" Engine Company Operations

Engine Company work is often viewed as easy or not as fulfilling as "Truck Company work". This is absolutely not the case and some very "high speed" Engine Companies go to work everyday in very tough and arduous environments. They are only successful by relying on their relentless training, personal experiences and hunger to progress in the engine world.

This group is geared toward Engine Company tactics that use "outside the box" thinking to accomplish. Its purpose is to exchange information that will help others that view the discussions, posts and pictures. 

• Going The Distance

While teaching and/or visiting a number of fire departments throughout the United States, I always make it a point to check out the Engine Company's hose loads and available lengths (pre-connected or not). One thing that seems to be common is that many departments don't have a pre-connected lines…

By Chief Anthony Kelleher

• Hose Racks

Many say that your company will be judged on your ability to recover at a significant incident. Hose Racks, although often used for stand-pipe operations, can be a life saver when needed to extend a line, no matter the environment (high-rise or not). What does your department have in-place for…

• Innovative Ideas For "Making The Stretch"

The fire service is a great place with an enormous amount of talent. In this discussion, post photos of "outside the box" ideas for stretching attack lines. Whether it involves obstacles, getting to upper floors, using alternative access, etc. Provide material for others to fill their mental…

• Chief Halton thanks for the invite

Tony I will join, but you and I both know the tower is where it's at!  LOL. BTW good forum 

By David Polikoff