Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Tony Piontek

1403 Compliant Training

Information

1403 Compliant Training

For those of you that are interested in discussing training burns. Pro's and Con's, Training safely and effectively with live fire. Led by FIRE, LLC's Tony Piontek, who has over ten years experience in 170+ structure burns.

Members: 87
Latest Activity: Jan 10, 2015

Discussion Forum

Live Fire in Con-Ex Boxes 2 Replies

Started by Tim Linke. Last reply by Timothy Bullard Dec 12, 2010.

Burn Week

Started by Doug Curry Aug 26, 2009.

Aquired Structure LFT Nozzle and Hoseline Set Up 2 Replies

Started by Jamie Morelock. Last reply by Tony Piontek Jun 1, 2009.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of 1403 Compliant Training to add comments!

Comment by Jake Beck on May 16, 2011 at 9:26am

Mike -

While it is not exact, I have found that wooden matchsticks have an auto ignition temperature of around 300 degrees. When doing live burns I drill small holes into the sheetrock and stick the matches in various parts of the compartment. Personally, I am mostly concerned about the environment where victims and firefighters would operate, so I keep the matchsticks mostly 24" and below. I included the MSDS for a basic wooden strike on box matchstick below..

http://www.gjfood.com/pdf/msds/164_862230.pdf

Stay safe,

Jake

Comment by Brian Weatherford on June 6, 2009 at 5:50pm
Does anyone have any examples or copies of their own Training Release Forms. Preferably live fire!
Comment by Todd McKee on June 3, 2009 at 8:30pm
What is the minimum of Full State Ceritified Instructors is needed for a Live burn for structures?
Thanks Todd
Comment by Mike Walker on June 3, 2009 at 7:48pm
http://www.uline.ca/BL_1055/Heat-Indicator?desc=Heat+Indicator

I've been looking for a way to gauge heat throughout the structures without spending a mint getting it done. I found these labels that are used when they ship medicine. It will read up to 150 degrees. I've also found the tape that is used in autoclaving that turns color when heated to a specific temperature. Some will read dry heat, some will read steam. The best part about all of these is that its cheap!

I'm wondering if any of you have used simular devices in the past? If so, how did it work?

Members (85)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service