Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Start Water Discussions (41)

← Back to Start Water
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Static hosebeds

Does your rig have at least one static 1 3/4" and one 2 1/2" hosebed? How is it set up?

Started by Russ Chapman

22 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Ed Watters

Supply lines.

We have set up a new Pumper/Tender with 1200 feet of 3 inch that is set up for a forward lay. I am asking to change the hose lay so that we…

Started by Larry Lasich

7 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by Larry Lasich

Beyond The Pre-connect

Have you found that your department has become dependent on the preconnect to the extent that your officers have lost the ability to estima…

Started by Art Zern

21 Nov 8, 2008
Reply by Art Zern

What makes a versatile high rise kit?

Ok guys I know this may sound like a silly question but in North Little Rock, AR, we don't have a lot of highrise buildings. Our tallest bu…

Started by Wesley Stephens

4 Oct 30, 2008

IFEX-3000, has anyone used it in a real fire?

I was pointed by a brother today to http://www.ifex3000.nl, who make a range of high-velocity suppression systems, with an interesting theo…

Started by Mike Puchol

0 Jul 17, 2008

Quint concepts

Hay just wanted to get your opinion on fire departments using the quint concepts. Our department has 8 stations and out of the 8 stations 6…

Started by Tracy Gray

10 Jun 11, 2008
Reply by Drew Smith

Whats your longest handline?

My question is; What is your longest handline? and when that isn't enough, how do you extend it? I know for those of you who use a static h…

Started by Win Slauch

6 Jun 6, 2008
Reply by Robert Owens

Who usually stretches your first line?

In our department, The first due Operator usually pulls the first line. The reason for this is with a 3 person engine and no truck company,…

Started by Eric Hankins

4 Jun 4, 2008
Reply by Robert Owens

Hose Loads

My department is currenly investigating hose loading practices. Mainly 1 3/4" lines. We currently have our main attack lines off the rear,…

Started by Art Bloomer

13 May 1, 2008
Reply by Nick Weiland

Engine Boss

As an officer on an engine, what is your job? I've taken notice recently in reviewing NIOSH fatality reports and talking with members from…

Started by Lane Pearman

7 Apr 18, 2008
Reply by Bill Sullivan

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service