Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Gents,

We have been field testing light-weight 21/2" hose for stand-pipe operations. The two types we have tested thus far have fallen short of expectations. They have proven to kink very easily and are far more "flexible" than the regular 21/2". The flexability adds to problems with line management abd the kinking issues are obviously not good. I am looking for the most rigid, kink-resistant light-weight hose without having to buy all of the possibilities.

I would be greatful for any input.

Thanks,
Art

Views: 648

Replies to This Discussion

Art,
The Dura-Pak was the heaviest, stiffest and most wear resistant of the so called "high-rise hose” we looked at. It isn’t what we use in our static bed however. The stuff in our static bed is a hodgepodge of brands; one of the many reasons we didn’t just replicated the 2 ½” we already had in our inventory. We started with a clean slate for our hose packs since we had 6-12 months of time to evaluate each manufacturer. But things change, that was two years ago.
Better late then never, I hope

We have Angus lighweight 2 1/2". It sucks.

We also have Keylight, its okay but it does kink more readily then our normal 2 1/2" double jacket hose.

For those of you who can afford to get Ponns, God bless you, I'm envious.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service