Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Do you have a Ladies Aux. and at what level are they allowed to assist with raising funds to purchase equipment for your company ?

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

Dennis and all Firefighters,
My department has no established policies and procedures around the establishment and operation of a FD Ladies Auxiliary. However, as I have recently found out, there are the unwritten rules (made up as they go along) that pertain only to certain companies (like mine) only because of who they are. Our Ladies Auxiliary is made up of dedicated members (mothers, wives, daughters, girlfriends, and friends) that support not only our company and department, but all departments when on a fire scene. They provide rehab, water, towels, whatever is needed and to provide these services they ask for donations to support themselves.
Recently, the Ladies have started to ask for donations to purchase the company tools to support the fire department and community. Immediately, a select few members of the department started stirring the pot by making up rules that don’t exist to stop the efforts of our Ladies. All the while the cooks (the pot stirrers) make money hand over fist to support their own company, BUT none of these funds are used to support the fire department and community in the purchase of equipment.
I am appalled and embarrassed to be part of an organization that is made up of vile individuals that are only concerned with their own self interests and not the communities. I want to know of anyone that is in the same or similar situation as me and value any information that you can provide to assist me with our plight.
What rules do you have? How are your Auxiliary members governed? What do they do? How do you resolve issues like mine? Etc…..
DON’T be the next one, BE safe!
Respectfully
Lt Richard Michitsch

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service