Where firefighters come to talk training

Here's a couple to get started

1. There are no time-outs or do-overs in this buisness
2. Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm -- Emerson
3. No one respects the flame like the fool who's badly burned -- Pete Townsend
4. To go nowhere, follow the crowd
5. It only takes a solitary light to lead a thousand ships in from the darkness
6. Anger is only 1 letter short of danger
7. Do not follow in the footsteps of others, instead, create a new trail and leave a path

many more to follow
stay safe

Views: 8192

Replies to This Discussion

Got these off Fire Nuggets:
1. Experience is what you get, just after you needed it.
2.To make a mistake is human. To blame it on someone else shows your management potential.
3.The older I get, the better I was.
4.The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in battle!
5.Ever notice the guys with the blackest helmets always have the cleanest turnout pants?
6."It's best to keep your mouth shut, and let them think you a fool; than open it and remove all doubt."
7.There are three types of men: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what just happened. Which one are you?
One thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.
Albert Schweitzer
Those Fire Nuggets quotes are great. Here's one more;
"If you chase two rabbits, both will escape"
we gladly feast on those who would subdue us
You’re only as good as your last fire.
It’s not how you F___ up, but how you recover.
Taking a couple extra seconds during size up can save you minutes or your life.
There is NO politician on scene that says you can’t call for the resources you need to keep the firefighters safe that are working for YOU!
You’re only as good as your crew.
Engine guys are speed bumps in the hall.
If you mess up on the radio everyone knows you’re a fool.
What we do for our self-dies with us, what we do for our community lives forever. Ted Roosevelt
Experience is the best teacher but only a fool learns in that school alone. Ben Franklin
I can eat a half loaf of bread.
For every 60 seconds your angry, you loose 1 minute of happiness.
We never have time to do anything right, but we always have time to do it over. -Unknown-

Indesision may or may not be my problem. - My old Captain-

No good decision can be made from a swivel chair. - Patton-

He who sits by the river long enough will see the body of his enemy float by. - Chinese Proverb-
A thinking man does not get excited
An excited man does not think...
unknown
Train like you fight and fight to win.......MAJ Billy Tucker US Army

Experience only keeps your from making the same mistake twice, A good plan will keep you from making it the first time. Cricket

Ready Aim Fire. Do things not in this order and the thing that gets hit is usually you......Cricket

the garbage man doesnt get excited when he turns the corner and sees trash, You shouldn't get excited when you turn the corner and see fire. Expect a fire on every run......Andy Fredricks

Preperation Rules the fireground.......Cricket

A good indication of your preperation is your ability to have fun while executing your tactics.....Cricket
The 8 foot ceiling hook is the most worthless thing ever invented. It's to long to pull a regular ceiling and to short to reach a tall one. - Tom Brennan

Everything goes through me! - John O'Connell :-)
Stay on the cutting edge too long and the edge will cut you.
Do you have 20 years of experience, or one year of experience, 20 times?

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service