Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Sample Title (487)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fire Stopping Pillows

Pillows for fire stopping? These are fire stopping pillows. These, as you can see are used in fire walls/barriers for large openings. The…

Started by Jason Hoevelmann

3 Mar 13, 2010

Back to Basics Part 4: Foam Eductors

This is a foam eductor. Remember these things? Hey, do you remember these? You know, before we had foam tanks on all of our trucks? Before…

0 Mar 8, 2010

Certificates or Experience? Which is more important to you?

Recently in our state there has been a lot of discussion about setting a state wide standard for "interior firefighters".  Until now the Au…

Started by Ron Becknell

13 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by Tom Londo

Precarious Situation

Where do you start? This is a situation that I have never had to deal with. I friend of mine sent me this picture and I thought it would…

2 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Dolph Holmes

Lack of Leadership ?

Ok Here it is I was read in on another post of the same issues but it didn`t explain any thing to me so here it goes agene. We are a vol. d…

Started by Keith Whitmore

12 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Keith Whitmore

NEW !!! Portable Forcible Entry Door System Designed By FDNY Firefighter

The Multi-Force Forcible Entry Door System by Firehouse Innovations just launched their website. Based on Long Island and created by a 28 Y…

Started by Dave Collado

1 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Tim Sitz

Who do we go to when there are problems with this web site?

Hidy ho brothers and sisters I don't know if anyone else is having problems but I can't get into the High-Rise Group. Is anyone else havin…

Started by Mike Walker

4 Jun 20, 2009

Emergency Call Back Procedures: How Does Your Department Handle It?

My department has just started the process of updating our emergency call back system. We would use this when an incident has grown to the…

Started by Mike Walker

9 Apr 26, 2009
Reply by JOSEPH KOONCE

Tools and Equipment Group

Open invitation to the group "Tools and Equipment". Please come join us and discuss your approval or disapproval of a fire service tool or…

Started by Nate Brown

5 Jan 31, 2009
Reply by Nate Brown

FIT Test & Facial Hair

How do you feel about firefighters having facial hair if they have pass their FIT test?

Started by Todd McKee

24 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Brenda Tenney

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service