Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Uncategorized (833)

Featured Discussions

Forced OT

We have 4 stations each with a crew of at least 3, a Capt., Operator & Firefighter on each shift. Each shift also has a Floating Capt.…

Started by Mark StevensonLatest Reply

Bottle Bombs IED

Here is more information on the water bottle bombs we have been seeing lately. These plastic water bottle bombs spew boiling acid when they…

Started by Michael Bricault (ret)Latest Reply

Get Rid of an Obsolete Rank

Looking to save jobs and dollars, improve safety, combat complacency, and improve flexibility? Flatten your organizational chart and get ri…

Started by Brian HouskaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It must suck to hate your job so much

Why do people who spend most of their time complaining about the systems, processes, personnel, policies, and everything else remain in the…

Started by Paul Strong

3 Jun 7
Reply by Jonah Smith

Help With Lesson Plans

I need some help with getting Lesson Plans. Looking in to Technical Rescue lesson plans more so then general fire service lesson plans. F…

Started by Alex Johnson

0 Mar 6

Free Lance Photographers/Videographers

What is everyone's take on those pesky freelance videographers and photographers who basically chase fire apparatus, ambulances, and police…

Started by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

0 Nov 25, 2013

Here's What We Forget When We "Never Forget"

Another year has come and gone, and we firefighters have paused to remember the brave 343 who gave their lives on that spectacularly horrif…

Started by John Mitchell

0 Sep 12, 2013

Car fires with magnesium

Recently I have been on a few vehicle fires with magnesium built in to the vehicle. What is everyone using to put this out?

Started by Jason Hale

22 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Hildred Edison

Firefighter Performance Evaluations

I am gathering information on methods municipalities and other organizations use to evaluate the performance of uniformed fire department e…

Started by Ryland Kendrick

0 Feb 13, 2013

Does the Salamander Accountability Tags system work

I do not mean accountability wise; I mean equipment wise long term, weather extremes. Is it intuitive? Has your company have any problems w…

Started by Dennis Farrenkopf

1 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Pat Collins

The use of acquired structures for live burn training

I see alot of training videos that use what appears to be an acquired vacant structure for live burn training. Keep in mind that these type…

Started by Keith Addie

11 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by Ron Becknell

Personal Situational Awareness - "The Mayonnaise Jar and Two Cups of Coffee"

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to chat with a nationally-known fire service legend.  How fortunate for me to be one of the two g…

Started by John Mitchell

1 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by Bobby Halton

Carbon Monoxide Levels

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone had any data on carbon monoxide.  In particular, at what level of CO present should a firefighther…

Started by Eric Bunkofske

5 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Michael Bricault (ret)

RSS

Policy Page

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peterp@pennwell.com.

FE Talk Radio

Thursday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

"The Training Office"

with

Al Schlick

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING SHOWS

Ricky Riley, Dan Shaw, Doug Mitchell & Nick Martin

© 2014   Created by fireeng.