Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

2 1/2" Metro with Triple Load connection

This type of hose deployment gives the user the capability to have 50' of charged line at the entry point

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 10300

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Rob Cannon on May 25, 2009 at 3:55pm
We've used a triple layer load with a shoulder load on top for a little while now, we shoulder 100' and then triple layer is 50' (100' doubled back like a trypical triple layer load) My mind got to thinking and that's where we ended up.

Great idea here... I'd be interested in seeing it in better depth.

Rob
Comment by Chris Fleming on September 28, 2008 at 11:27am
Hey Mike,
The triple load first came to my attention about 6 years ago. I was doing some training in a suburban/rural town and I saw it on all of their engines and I thought, "What the heck is that?!" One of the on duty fire fighters explained how it worked and let me pull the load to see how it deployed. I was pretty impressed. Someone else brought it back to our department and tried it on a few of our engines. What we found is that it's a real good load for a preconnect in an area where you have buildings set back from the road (any place with a decent sized front yard. Where it wasn't so useful was down town where the buildings were right up to the sidewalk and there were a lot of obstacles (parked cars, trash cans, utility poles) that prevented the hose from properly playing out. It's definitely a good load to have available in the right situation, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with all the preconnects in a triple load. Thanks for the video.

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service