Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens confirmed a couple went to God may they rest in peace.
“Fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction in a rear bedroom caused the blaze” the news release stated.
Fayetteville Fire Chief Alan Jones “crews responded to the fire call at approximately 1:50 p.m. and made initial entry into the house in Clairmont subdivision within five minutes of being dispatched.”
Upon arrival “Firefighters found very heavy fire involvement, adding that the fire was especially heavy in the rear of the house ("B" Side)” “the roof began to collapse upon initial entry, requiring firefighters to back out until they could get the fire "knocked down" sufficiently to permit re-entry into the house”“Apparently there was a propane tank up in the attic, and that's the explosion we had” at that time, we had fire that rapidly expanded in the attic and that's when we had the roof collapse,” said Fayetteville Fire Chief Alan Jones.
16:30 p.m. crews were still hitting hot spots and attending to the victims, said Jones.
Mutual aid assistance was requested and received from Fayette County Fire and Emergency Services, said Jones.
The Fayetteville Fire Department also assisted with the investigation.
Please pray for “Lamar Beckwith, 94, and his wife Cathrine Beckwith, 88.
Video: © Mark Brooks 2015