Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

A volunteer firefighter in Columbia, South Dakota helped fight his own house fire Monday morning, but the fire could not be stopped before it destroyed the home's top floor according to AberdeenNews.com.

Steve Wander's home on the northwest side of Columbia at 303 N. James St. is unlivable, said Columbia Fire Chief Corey Mitchell.

Firefighters were able to save the first floor and some contents, but the second floor was destroyed, he said.

No one was home, and no one was injured.

Rating:
  • Currently 5/5 stars.

Views: 102

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts


Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service