Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

This is just a quick video on how we think about our failures!

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 106

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Justin Lewis on August 8, 2010 at 6:56pm
Thanks Dan...yes you can apply this to all areas of life including the fire service...I just pulled the video from my website so it speaks in general life terms! I thank you for the kind words! And you are also correct in your response! Thanks Brother!
Comment by Dan Rice on August 8, 2010 at 5:32pm
Demeaning attitudes rule this service right now and a message like this is something that we as a service need. Truly it is one of the problems at my house when it comes to our rooks or the guys that aren't grasping things the way we think they should be. People get destroyed and their dreams get destroyed when there is no one there to help pick them up after a failure. Now I don't know if this is something that has to do with the fire service or not but when it comes down to it its a message for all of us. If someone is having troubles whether it be a senior member or a brand new straight out of the wrapper rookie we need to lift them up and teach them the right way instead of beating them down to the point where they just don't care anymore. Isn't that what the "Brotherhood" is all about? Thanks for posting this video

Dan Rice

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service