Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Have you ever used this method to get thru a lock, what do you think? Frank Ricci will show you two ways to get thru the lock on a door knob for lock outs, alarm ringing, food on the stove and so on. Comment and sign up for our group Tactical Building Blocks .

Rating:
  • Currently 4.875/5 stars.

Views: 44200

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Todd McKee on January 2, 2010 at 11:14am
Frank! Our guys watched the video and then tried your technique, GREAT STUFF! We actually built a door knob/lock simulator to practice with. Your friend, Todd McKee
Comment by Pete Forshaw on November 21, 2009 at 9:28pm
Frank
Hats off brother great job !!

Play Hard Train Safe !!
Pete
Comment by John Norman on May 13, 2008 at 3:03pm
Hey Frank, great job.
Comment by Aaron Robbins on May 10, 2008 at 12:09pm
I think it would only be good for a small fire because of the time
Comment by Wayne Benner Jr on April 28, 2008 at 8:26am
That was sweet and simple. Nice drill.
Comment by Kelly Ross on April 21, 2008 at 9:06pm
Nice work Frank, good stuff for training.
Comment by J Havner on March 29, 2008 at 8:39am
Frank - GREAT STUFF. I'll be showing this to my crew. We've got a house in our district we get to "tear up" next shift. We'll try it. Thanks.
Comment by Frank Ricci on March 28, 2008 at 10:22pm
This was the method I used to teach and it will be effective on many locks still on the market. We moved to this method after the lock companys designed new locks to jam if sheared off. This method will work on new and old locks.
Comment by Jamie Morelock on March 28, 2008 at 8:54pm
A similar technique that I have had success with is to shear the deadbolt and keyed knob off by placing the adz on top of the lock or knob and strike it downward with the axe. The brass screws that hold the halves together yeild easily. Another method, with a little practice, is to strike downward on the lock or knob with the striking side of the axe, shearing the lockset off in one quick motion. Once the lockset is removed a no. 2 flat blade screwdriver can be used to manipulate the deadbolt first then the keyed knob (because of the spring loaded throw).
Comment by Tom Rinoldo on March 28, 2008 at 12:43pm
Nice job,

Left a coment on the group before I found this. Some good techniques to try.

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archives.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Monday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

Firemedically Speaking

with

Mike McEvoy

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2019   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service