Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

1:40 second mark, the guy at the front door gets disintigrated. Not really, but it looks like it. No injuries.

Rating:
  • Currently 5/5 stars.

Views: 3007

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Chris Fleming on December 9, 2008 at 10:17pm
These didn't seem to be really nasty smoke conditions right off. However, when the door was opened there was some real juicy black smoke coming out after only a few seconds (it seemed). Two things that I think this reinforces are coordination of ventilation and attack and the fact that in this age of plastics smoke is fuel. Getting an opening to push the fire and smoke before pushing in is important. Ventilation makes the interior environment more livable for us and the occupants and helps to control the potential for the violent fire event.
Comment by FireVideo.net ; Rob Schield on December 9, 2008 at 3:00pm
Sorry for not getting back sooner guys... There was fire in a rear enclosed porch. That porch was seperated by a large piece of plywood and the house. When the 1st crew entered, the plywood came off and I'm guessing the heated gasses ignited all at once. No One was injured, but I know the guy at the front door had to change his underwear.
Comment by Jim Saladin on December 9, 2008 at 2:45pm
I viewed this over and over again...did anyone viewing this see any telltale signs that this was about to occur? The smoke looked dark gray and not turbulent, the other areas of smoke were lighter in color. What caused this significant event to occur? Lack of ventilation, and another vent opening made in the rear of the structure?

What was the condition of the interior crew after this event? Any feedback about this would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sal
Comment by Josh Materi on December 5, 2008 at 12:45am
Any background on this? Interesting fire behavior. Whats going on with side "C", the fire we see is from a window failure, door open, sliding door fail or attic burn through? Did the fire start outside and extend in?

Josh Materi
FTM-PTB

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service