Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Mark Gregory's Comments

Comment Wall (33 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 11:16am on May 23, 2008, Brian Dalrymple said…
Lt. Gregory, I met you a few years ago when you, your guys and the last Lt. Lund where in Richmond Va. I still draw from things you showed us on that roof. I've had a little debate going on in my head for a while know. I'm a new Lieutenant of a Rescue company in Richmond and have gone back and forth about what kind of tool should be in my hands. Do I bring a something to go to work with? Like haligan bar and haligan hook. Or just something for emergencies, like a small 24" haligan. What do you carry as a truck company officer?
At 8:12am on May 2, 2008, Tim Linke said…
Thank you, sir...I've read some of your stuff and it's great!!!
At 10:05am on April 28, 2008, Josh Nichols said…
My name is Josh Nichols from North Carolina. I took your truck company class in Richmond a few years ago with Lt. Lund. You and your guys rode with us to eat that night. Just thought I would leave you a message. Nice job on the grab in firehouse magazine. Looking foward to training with you on this page.
At 7:05pm on April 7, 2008, bill noonan said…
Mark, congrats' on your award, very well deserved I'm sure,
At 5:38pm on March 31, 2008, John Mogan said…
That explains it.We run with Squad 1 90% of the time.
At 10:01am on March 31, 2008, John Mogan said…
Assigned to Truck 32. Don't know Jim Regan.
At 8:10pm on March 13, 2008, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Hey Mark,
here in Albuquerque we have been using the P.A.R. for some time. It works well. As you mentioned, it is quick and to the point and takes up little precious air time. It is usually called for by the battalion in charge every fifteen minutes and anytime there is a dynamic event on the fire ground. Highly recommend it along with C.A.N. reports. Conditions, Actions, Needs. Really fast radio traffic.
On this same note, we have been using clear text radio traffic and it seems to be taking longer to transmit info than using the ten codes. I know many people like the clear text, especially since every agency seems to use a different code. This gets very problematic when interacting with PD, private ambulances and mutual aid.
That being said, I still believe, maybe erroneously, that ten codes are a faster and easier way of talking.
At 3:44pm on March 12, 2008, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Hi Mark,
I was reading the V.E.S. posting and one other thing I would mention about V.E.S. is that it is not for everyday, garden variety fire use. It is most appropriate when there is a High or Urgent Rescue Profile; in other words, when there is a very high suspicion or direct knowledge that there indeed is a victim in need of rescue.
I'm a firm believer in V.E.S. techniques, I've performed them and seen them produce amazing results. As you mention, it should be performed by experienced members and only when appropriate based on the specific rescue profile.
At 1:54pm on March 12, 2008, Christopher A. Barry, Sr. said…
Thanks for your contributions to the group. Glad to know you.

-Chris
At 6:25pm on March 10, 2008, Pat Nichols said…
good to be here!
At 10:50am on March 10, 2008, bill noonan said…
Hi Mark, nice to hear from you, hope all is well...BILL
At 7:35am on March 10, 2008, Mark Gregory said…
Frank, I will take a look at it today. Thank you for the invite to participate.
At 5:04pm on March 9, 2008, Scott LaPrade said…
Mr. Gregory, were you working last night or should I say this a.m.? For Jeferson St?

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service