Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Todd McKee's Comments

Comment Wall (145 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 8:52pm on July 13, 2008, Dennis E Sampson said…
Hey Todd,

Just touching base to see if you were satisfied with the disc's . Also your photo change looks good !

STAY SAFE !! Dennis
At 8:49pm on July 13, 2008, Darin Keith said…
Thanks Todd, I have joined the group. I look forward to learning so much from everyone. Darin
At 8:19pm on July 13, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Today is the day we all should Train!
At 12:03pm on July 13, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Be Kind
At 9:19pm on July 12, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Be humble!
At 8:15pm on July 11, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Today I only have one thing for you.

TRAIN!
At 3:43am on July 11, 2008, Jetty Middelkoop said…
Hi Todd,

I sure like to be friends with a fellow hazmat officer!
Last mai I visited the US (Houston, TX) for the first time in my life: we studied the industrial safety structure of CIMA and some of its members, to see what we could learn from it. And we visited TEEX. To me that was the most interesting part of the trip. In our country there are not many places where you can train hazmat, and the possibilities on these locations - and partly also the hands-on practical knowledge of the trainers - are very limited. I would like to do some PRACTICAL hazmat training courses, given by teachers who have a lot of practical experience, but I do not know where I can learn most during the limited holidays I have. I hope you can advise me on this!
At 11:26am on July 9, 2008, Ted R. Kolb said…
Hi Todd, Thanks for adding me as a friend. I joined the fire service in 1963 and now as a past Deputy Chief I am being asked to help out with some of the departments training. As with most volunteer departments we are understaffed and our training does need a shot in the arm. This is my reason for joining the Fire Engineering Training Community. You seem to have a good handle on the training side and I hope to converse with you about fire service subjects in the future.

Respectfully,
Ted R. Kolb
At 7:25am on July 9, 2008, Diane Feldman said…
No need to thank me--just keep up the good work you're doing!
At 11:08pm on July 8, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Train Today!
At 10:31pm on July 7, 2008, Bill Duffell said…
Hi Todd, thanks for letting me know about the Haz-Mat group. I joined this morning. I probably have a different perspective since I head an industrial haz-mat team. I am on a volunteer FD as well, but we do not do much with haz-mat.
At 7:51pm on July 7, 2008, Todd McKee said…
You CAN make a difference!
At 7:00am on July 7, 2008, Dave Brasells said…
Thanks for the invite, I'll give it a look.
At 6:53am on July 6, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Get in the books and be a good person!
At 5:56pm on July 5, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Happy 4th and God Bless the USA
At 10:50pm on July 4, 2008, wwwww said…
Todd, Excellent article, DAVE
At 6:50am on July 4, 2008, Russ Griffith said…
You're right, it's a valuable source of information. It's well written and great source for training ideas whether in discussion form or worked into hands-on scenarios. Another good source of info and training material is the U.S. Chemical Safety Board, they have a large library of videos that disect the causes of some of the largest chemical related disasters throughout the country and these videos are free, plus you can sign up to recieve news and investigation up-dates from any recent chemical related incident.
STAY SAFE
At 6:56am on July 3, 2008, Robert Rhoades said…
Todd,
Since I retired from the fire service in '92, I have continued to teach hazmat and a lot of rurual engine company operations. Hazmat training is much better now than in the beginning because we understand it better and have better equipment. In Ohio, I was part of a team of people who put together a new hazmat awareness and operations class combining Hazmat and WMD so that teh student only had to take one class. It was a good cross section of people meeting at the Ohio Fire Academy for over a year on the project. it included fire, law enforcement, public health, and public works. This class was submitted to US Homeland Security and received their blessing and approval. The manual can be downloaded from http://homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/firstresponders.htm
I spent six years as aa hazmat tech at the Division of Stat Fire Marshal and know the chanllenges that smaller departments have gone through keeping abreast of the hazmat problem.
I am now concerned with public health exercises and most recently pandemic flu. It will be a big challenge to all in the fire service if it happens just dealing with the lack of manpower Next year the Public Health Infrastructure Grant will be concerned with an "All Hazards" approach to exercises and I hope that the fire service partners with public health for these exercises. There is a lot to be learned on both sides.
At 8:32pm on June 30, 2008, Todd McKee said…
It is an HONOR for me to say that "I am a FIREFIGHTER"
At 6:47pm on June 27, 2008, Jim Duffy said…
Todd
The Brotherhood exists in all place and even all countries.
But much like a garden it needs to be nurtured and wateredwith our history and fertilized with our traditions.
It is up to the senior FFs & officers to instill this in the newer younger "different" ff we are brining aboard today. They are our future It is our fire service and it will be theirs. See Lasky's Pride & Ownership of the Job. It is your responsibility to pass this on.
Stay Safe and be a brother or Sister

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service