Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Todd McKee's Comments

Comment Wall (145 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 10:54pm on September 11, 2008, Jordan Smith said…
hey man we need to work together soon. I have done 3 shifts and not worked with you once. I put my rough draft for oct schedule look at it when your in and tell me the days your gonna be working and I can change it.
At 7:28pm on August 28, 2008, Robert Greenwood said…
Thanks Todd,
Looks like a great site to keep up to date with everything. Being in my location this is not easy. Yup, I was having a little fun with some mag. Makes for great pics.
Rob. G
At 4:18pm on August 27, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Janet; I would love to help you in anyway that I can, the fire service is the best job in the world. Please let me know where you live and I will direct you to the correct Fire School. Todd McKee
At 3:24pm on August 27, 2008, Janeth Lozano said…
well Todd it was a mistake signing up because i am not a fire fighter. i was looking to become one, the thing is i was looking around trying to get an idea of where to sign up. i dont know where to start do you think you can help me?
At 9:07pm on August 26, 2008, Darla McCollister said…
I tried to do that with Dave watching and the comment box would just delete what ever I typed! I will do it again - thank you for your input! Darla
At 9:06pm on August 26, 2008, Darla McCollister said…
I tried to do that with Dave watching and the comment box would just delete what ever I typed! I will do it again - thank you for your input! Darla
At 11:12am on August 26, 2008, Jordan Smith said…
Yeah I think I am going to try and work 24 on the 3rd
At 5:23pm on August 25, 2008, Jeff Lazarus said…
Todd, it's very nice to be here. I will be in touch should any questions come up in which you could answer for me.
At 4:57pm on August 25, 2008, Wes Anders said…
Thanks for the heads up Todd I fixed it and Im glad to be hear.
At 11:35am on August 25, 2008, Scott Richardson said…
Hey Todd,

I am glad to see you have worked so hard with the explorers! Years ago you could join a volunteer fire department as a sixteen-year-old. Not anymore. Great job!
Scott
At 9:53am on August 25, 2008, Jordan Smith said…
Hey Todd,
Chief called I go in Monday for paper work then start after that. What day are you working in September?
At 8:53am on August 25, 2008, Matt Bertsch said…
Thanks for checking it out. That picture is actually from a "Big Rig Rescue" class we took as a department in PA. It was a very good/informative class. Thanks for checking it out Bro.
At 10:04pm on August 24, 2008, Doug Price said…
Thanx for the friends request
At 8:12pm on August 24, 2008, Doug Price said…
Thanx Todd, I look forward to learning from u and all the people here. I am still a new instructor and need to learn all I can. Thanx again
At 6:11pm on August 24, 2008, Sandy Lasa said…
Hey Todd,
We put our guys thru a save yourself program before we started the RIT program. This included ladder bailout, low profile, long lug out, entanglement, air pak knowledge, issuing Maydays, then they had to go thru an obstacle course in which some or all of those problems would pose a threat to them and they had to issue a mayday. They got plenty of practice on the maydays. A lot of our guys said (some with over 25 years exp) that this was the best and most intense training they ever encounter. Let me know if you need some help on how to run these.
Good Luck
Sandy
At 12:30pm on August 24, 2008, Jordan Smith said…
yeah i know but don't worry i fixed it
At 2:38pm on August 23, 2008, Dan Vicha said…
Hi, Todd! I guess anyone can operate one of these!
At 10:11am on August 20, 2008, john wayne dammert said…
Hi Todd, Wayne Dammert here.

I was a banquet captailn at the club from the time they opened until the night of the fire. For most of that time the Zebra Room had been a storage room. During the 4 years that I worked there from 1957 until 1961 as a card dealer the room was used as our break room. I knew the room well.

On the fatel night I was in the room for about three minutes while I waited for my friend Shirley, a waitress in charge of the room that night, to finish cutting the cake so that I could give her the bill. I looked at my watch as I was very busy and I had to get on and it showed 8:35. As a supervisor I had to be aware of everything in the club and at that time and up until that time there was absollutly nothing wrong in that room or anyplace else in the club in the many areas that I had been. There was no smoke or over heating as some people had stated. I will tell you why. As I was standing in that room just 2 feet over my head in back of me in the wall scounce there had been a device planted by 2 workers {who were not invited and were not supposed to be there]. By the way not one soul told me it was hot or smoky in there. I even talked to some of them and they said nothing about those things. That is because there was nothing wrong. At some where about 8:55 the device went off just after Shirley left the room and with the excellarent that was wiped on the walls the fire immediately engulfed the room. In just a matter of minutes the room was completly engulfed in flames and blasted through the double doors leading out of the room. Upstairs I was informed of the fire at exactly 9;00 PM and I did see smoke. In less than 5 seconds a wall of thick black smoke roarded down the hall and I had all I could do to get my 210 patrons out of there.

Now as the fire blasted out of that room it went into a very large hallway with a spiral staircase leading up to where I was. The natural thing for the fire to do was to go up that large opening. Also it could made an easy entrance into the wide open bar area on the same level but it didn't do that At that time that was all the fire should have done and I think that the firefighters who were on the scene quite quickly could have brought the fire under control. That didn't happen. The fire turned right and went DOWN some stairs and took a sharp left turn and shot like a speeding frieght train some 150 feet or so and made another sharp turn into the Cabaret room. It went down the stairs and down that hall way becasue 3 people had wiped the halls down with excellarent just like the 2 men had done in the Zebra room. That is why 165 patrons and employees lost their lives.

You can talk all you want about codes, fire escape doors, over crowding and etc. which you probably would be right but that is not why those people died. They died because some gready mobsters wanted to take over the club.

All Dave, Shirley and I want to do it to prove that the fire was no accident. That's it.

Thanks, Wayne Dammert
At 9:59pm on August 19, 2008, Todd McKee said…
What have you done for the Fire Service? What has the Fire Service done For you?
At 7:22pm on August 18, 2008, Todd Pfenninger said…
Todd,

Thank you for the greeting. Your right, Todd is a GREAT name ...LOL. I look forward to conversing with you and other members of the fire service.

Be Careful and remember “We ALL Go Home”

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service