Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Chad Berg's Comments

Comment Wall (100 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 3:28am on August 6, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
11 Engine, 2nd due, for City Fire, fire on the fifth floor, Northward Bldg. Not exactly High Rise, but definitley above our usual 3 floor home jobs! Stopped off on the fire floor, assisted with search and one of my boys assisted with the vic. Then search on the sixth floor. Nothin' like ending a dry spell.
At 11:09pm on August 5, 2008, Austin Lindsey said…
thanks brother, It was good to see you as well. it appeared that the FOOLS had a good showing of guys to Andy's service.
At 10:51am on August 5, 2008, Greg Wyant said…
Thanks Brother currently doing some training in toledo industrial rescue drop me a note sometime STAY SAFE!!!
At 11:50am on August 4, 2008, Ed Hadfield said…
Chadly..

Thanks for for everything. Things as you well know are busy, but I love to find a moment of time to chat. Hope all is well with the family. Take care and stay in touch.

Ed
At 10:49pm on August 3, 2008, DJ Riehl said…
Hey man you are all over the net.
At 5:12pm on August 3, 2008, Eric Hankins said…
Berg.... I read your blog. sounds like it was a good fire.YCFD is good. Need more work though. They are getting a handle on most of the fires up there now. Bad deal about palmer and Chief Packer...

when you get a chance, give me a call. I need Snyders #. I need him to get me a convention committee wrap-up article for the website....

Be Safe Brother

E
At 1:04am on August 3, 2008, Gino Bellizzi said…
Hey Captain Berg,

I have been working on my page. Worked shift today with no calls. Ill be at 94 all day sunday. Give me a line. Working on the job and tool assingments. Everybody i talk to seems to like it. Thank you Sno 7
At 4:23pm on August 2, 2008, Mike Kazikiewicz said…
Got registered a little late, but made it to the classes. Had a great time, really wish I could have made it to the opening ceremonies.
At 11:20am on July 24, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
Never forget the simple things. My brother and I have spent many hours devoted to a few young men having difficulty mastering required skills. Drill after drill causing nothing but frustration.
So finally, like the FOOL I profess to be, I donned my gear and did it the right way, demonstrated what needed to be done, the way I needed to see it done. (Nothing like putting your own credibility on the chopping block). Damn if they didn't ge the picture finally.

Yes, yes, remember the simple things.

Keep safe Brother,

Ben
At 2:41am on July 19, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
Hey Brother:

Just checkin' in on ya. I'm back at the Little Houseon the Ave, stirrin' up trouble in 11 Engine. (I still think it should be a truck). Spur of the moment Nance Drill, got the blood flowin. Tideman made sure to follow procedure and turn the victim's pack into a harness. (I'm still sportin' scars from his last venture). All the boys from the RICO class ask about you and wish you well. So do I, brother. So do I.

Ben
FTM-PTB-RFB
At 2:34pm on July 17, 2008, Mike Stallings said…
Chad,

Send me your email address if you would. Again, thanks for a great time in Seattle...

Gettheroof@aol.com

Be safe,
Your Brother in Fire,
Mike Stallings
At 8:02pm on July 13, 2008, Chad Berg said…
thank you Ben..............
At 1:51pm on July 13, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
Brother: I cannot thank you enough for the great time, excellent training, FOOLish environment and most of all, the incredible level of Brotherhood among us all. You and Chad2 made it all possible and did it with real class and in the best of FOOLish tradition.

I congratulate you on your award as the FOOL of the Year! I am proud to call you my brother! You earned it!

Braithe Thar Gach Ni
At 1:38pm on July 7, 2008, Forrest Kuiper said…
Figured since I couldnt make the cart race to wreck ya, we would try and send the next best racer...Mr. Tod (Talledega Nights) Chambers! Wreckers or Checkers Baby!
He needed to go. Wasnt really any question on our part. I will be thinking of you all this weekend. Please be safe and take care of our boys in the big city. They may get lost or become scared with all the traffic lights, etc.
At 8:51pm on July 5, 2008, Eric Hankins said…
HEY WHAT THE HELL?????
At 6:44pm on July 5, 2008, Ron Smith (a.k.a. G-Ron) said…
Thanks Brother,

I'm feeling the Brotherhood from 2,092 miles away...... that means a lot !
Wish I was there.

I'm sure Ferg will place some phone calls from some place really loud at all hours of the evening to let me know just how much fun he's having without me!!!

Oh yeah...... Put a tater-tot some place in Hankins' pants for me.

WTF,
Ron
At 1:27pm on July 5, 2008, Eric Hankins said…
Berggy...

Only a few more days Brother. Sippy and McKenna are flying in to Sac on Monday. We'll hang out and visit some houses before we leave Tuesday Morning. Quick Stop in Grants Pass OR for a little "Swift Water Training" and then back on the road Wednesday Morning. I will see you early afternoon Wednesday. Robs place at the latest. Be safe Brother I will see you then...

Tater OUT!!!
At 2:08am on July 3, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
OH, I meant to add: I'll call you tommorrow. I'll be drivin' the Fire SUV so I am sure to have time on my hands.

Ben
At 2:07am on July 3, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
I'm pullin' Battalion for a 24 tommorrow, and then I'll be on for another 24 covering Kuiper. He's on his honeymoon. Get this, Kuiper and Kaiser bought Chambers a airline ride to the Convention because he couldn't use his companion fair and he was pullin' a shift for me so I could go. So Kuiper is comin' in off his honeymoon to cover Tod, so Tod can follow me and Buist down on Thursday in the wee hours. Brotherhood, making its mark. Good stuff. I love these guys!!
At 12:04am on July 3, 2008, Ben Fleagle said…
Yeah, yeah, tough talk from a truckie, but you forget, we Alaska's are not accostomed to observing traffic rules and road markers. We don't know the difference between staying between the lines and going cross country!!! Do the Karts have four wheel drive? I hear its warm in Seattle, I'm worried about melting.

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service