Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Joe McClelland's Comments

Comment Wall (27 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 12:28am on April 24, 2008, Rich Kukac said…
Wow, I didn't realize that you guys were running so short! LaGrange tried to run 2 engines, a truck and an ambulance with only 5 men (sometimes 4). That was 1 of the reasons we unionized. I kept records for over a year a proved statisticly that there were fewer injuries and better fire suppression with a 3 man engine than a 2 man. Then our truck went out of service for almost a yera and we went to a 4 man engine. Wow, what a change in how we worked. With only 1 engine in service, we were forced to use auto aid all the time which meant a 3 man eng. from Pleasantview and 2 more 3 men engines from Brookfield and Western Springs. For a year, we looked like a professional fire department.
At 6:06pm on April 23, 2008, Rich Kukac said…
Thanks for your coments Joe. I had a big discussion with one BC about engines putting out the fire and not the truck. I think that they could help solve their problem if the had 4 or even 5 on the Quint so they could lay a line and do Truck work with one team. I also think that part of the problem is the officer asigned to the company on a given shift. If he has always been on a TK then that's all he knows. Stay safe.
At 3:56pm on April 23, 2008, Jared Bertsche said…
hey brother..i'll be there..u making the trip down?
At 7:58pm on April 13, 2008, David Ebel said…
Hi Joe,

I am not so sure amazing is right... but committed to helping others ....that is me. I love my assignments as Chaplain and when my "real jog" as a Salvation Army Officer opened the door for me to take CISM I discovered a tool that really works and saved lives... I went after it and discovered that I am pretty good. My leadership agreed and sent me to become a trained trainer. My county leadership (Kern County, CA) loved the way we help so they paid for me to take all the incident command trained trainer materials and EOC Management training, too.

The web site is free... and in the 2 months we have been open we have saved one firefighter life from suicide and are working with 8 others with traumatic issues. This response got me motivated to inform others about the web site as a confidential tool that can help them help others.

I would humbly request that you would join our site and then with you looking around then refer others. We provide live chat, video games, a place to post videos and pix from the scenes we are at... and then when they feel safe... a safety net for tough days.

Thanks for caring,

Blessings,

David Ebel, Major
Kern County Coordinator
The Salvation Army
Kern County VOAD Chairman
Bakersfield City Fire Chaplain
Kern County Fire Chaplain
CISM Trainer
At 5:36pm on April 13, 2008, David Ebel said…

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
A site for responders by responders.. please check it out for yourself. Be honored to have you see for yourself.
At 2:56pm on April 4, 2008, Christopher A. Barry, Sr. said…
Joe,

-Read your profile, and saw that you list truck company operations as one of your interests. I hope that you will consider joining and contributing to the discussion in the Truck Company Operations Group.

Be Safe,
-Christopher A. Barry, Sr
At 5:18pm on March 31, 2008, Tim Olk said…
nice Picture

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service