Now available at http://www.pennwellbooks.com/opguforfisep.html
This important new book is designed to serve many purposes in the fire service, ranging from being a starting point and refresher guide for firefighters seeking promotions at any level, to being a field operational guide for on-scene Incident Commanders and Company Officers. It offers an easy-to-follow, step-by-step action plan for firefighters working in Acting Capacities, and can be used when developing SOP’s, and when organizing and planning training evolutions. It’s definitely a book every firefighter, officer, and aspiring officer will want to own!
FOREWARD by Bobby Halton
OPERATIONAL GUIDES and TACTICAL WORKSHEETS
- featuring a universal tactical worksheet that can be used at ALL structure fires.
STRUCTURE FIRES (16 guides)
- Churches, Brownstones, Attached Row Frames, Private Dwellings, Multiple Dwellings, Garden Apartments and Townhouses, Light Weight Constructed Buildings, Hospitals, Day Care and Nursing Homes, Factory and Warehouses, Taxpayers and Strip Malls, Vacant Buildings, High-Rises, Schools, Buildings Under Construction, Basements/Cellars, and After the Fire
ELECTRICAL EMERGENCIES (10 guides)
- Downed Power Lines, Downed Lines on Occupied Vehicles, Electrical Facility Fires, Underground Manhole Fires, Flooding Underground Manholes or Vaults, Additional Electrical Emergencies: Overheated Ballast, Electrical Appliances, Recessed Lighting, Pole Mounted Transformers, Meter Boxes
NATURAL GAS EMERGENCIES (2 guides)
- Outdoor Natural Gas Leaks, Indoor Natural Gas Leaks
WATER EMERGENCIES (4 guides)
- Water Main Breaks, Flooded Roofs, Flooded Basements, Broken Water Pipes
GENERAL OPERATIONS (13 guides)
- Fire ground Size-Up, Engine Company Operations, Ladder Company Operations, Switching from Offensive to Defensive Strategy, Emergency Incident Rehabilitation, Rapid Intervention Crew, Elevator Car Operations, Stalled Elevator Rescues, May-Day Radio Guidelines, Urgent Radio Guidelines, Large Area Rope Search, Trench Cutting Operations, Roof Radio Reports
and much more, including:
- CARBON MONOXIDE (1 complete guide), CONFINED FIRES (4 guides), OUTDOOR FIRES (3 guides), VEHICLE FIRES and ACCIDENTS (6 guides), NON-FIRE EMERGENCIES (5 guides), OIL BURNER EMERGENCIES (4 guides), ADMINISTRATIVE (3 guides)
FIREGROUND OPERATIONAL GUIDES features a list of step-by-step actions you must take at more than 70 incidents. The book also includes a CD with the complete book broken down into printable guides that can be used in the field.