Department:
Seattle Fire Department (RET)
Title/rank:
Deputy Chief, Operations
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Topics you provide training for:
Instructor Development, The Art of Reading Smoke, Tactical Decision Making, Air Management,
Areas of expertise:
Instructor Development, Tactical Decision Making, Art of Reading Smoke
Web site:
http://www.ignitionpointtraining.com

Comment Wall:

• Julie Simmons

It's going to be a great show, especially with your book hot off the press. You'll have to get the other Seattle guys on here...
  • John Lewis

Hey brother, how's thing on the left coast?
  • Julie Simmons

Hey Phil, don't forget to add me as a friend. I think you have to click an "accept" link. Thanks!
  • Skip Coleman

Hi Phil,
    Did you happen to send me a gift for my promotion last summer. I received one and it was only signed "the seattle boys". I was never really sure who it was.
    Skip
  • Skip Coleman

Then Thanks to all. I havn't cracked it yet but when I do, now I'll know who to be thinking of (along with the 343 - "to the boys".
    Skip
  • Shane Furuta

Hey Phil, just want to thank you again for that PPA book. It has helped me out a lot... I'll be going to Indy again this year, see you there! Aloha...
    Shane
  • Todd McKee

Hi Sir! Would love to hear about any drills you have for air management adn decision making
    Thanks a bunch!
    Be safe and train as training will save lives
  • Todd McKee

Breat thanks Brother! In return if you need any HazMat Stuff lef tme know! WWW.HazMatOhio.COM....
  • Kevin Reilly

Look for to working together to promote good air-management!
  • Kevin Reilly

Absolutley! I'll be helping out at the Flashover HOT program.
    I'll be in INDY between 4th thru the 11th. I'm going to try to make it to Gagliano's HCN lecture. - shoot me an email when you arrive. /Kev
  • Michael Posner

Hey Phil, It was great meeting you up in Indy this year. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. We ready to come out West to train !!
  • Shane Furuta

Hey Phil, I'm glad I finally got a chance to thank you in person... Keep up the great work! Hope to see you guys in Hawaii someday. Don't be surprised if I call on you with more truck co. questions. Thanks Brother!

Aloha -Shane
  • Ronald A. Moniuk

Phil will do --- thanks for the info -- not sure how much I will accomplish tonight -- kinduv like a kid in a candy store looking at all the goodies -- take care stay safe
  • Michael Posner

Hey Phil,
    We do have a 4 hour version that we teach to our Officer Development Class. It is identical to the Indy class minus the workshop, maybe 4 1/2 hours.

Stay safe.
  • David Ebel

Hi Phil,

Please allow me to introduce you to our special site for responders. It was designed for firefighters and other responders by responders. It is a great place to meet and have fun, join discussions and forums, play games and just have fun on good days. When you have a "bad call" it is a safe place to vent, debrief or let it all out to others that are there for you. Many of those here are trained in CISM and are peer counselors. Others are skilled at even more knowledgeable levels ... all here for you or your friends when needed. With over 25 years of firefighting and chaplaincy I can appreciate the need for as sight that is safe and helpful

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Chaplain David Ebel
    Bakersfield, CA
  • Dave Gallagher

nice photo... just what you needed to make you look taller....
  • Mark Mandella

Thanks, Chief, I'm glad to be here. This looks like a great site.
  • Shane Furuta

Hey Boss! Congrats on the promotion, I didn't realize you left the Truck... One more month till FDIC, I can't wait. I'll be sure to find you and say hello. Stay Safe Bro! Aloha -Shane
  • Dan J. Marshall

Phil, great class today. Appreciate the hard work you've done for the fire service. Dan
  • Nick Morgan

Hey Phil,
    It was good meeting you, Mike, and Casey at FDIC. The book on Air Management is great, I look forward to trying to get some of it implemented in my own FD.

Stay safe!

Nick