Associates Degree, Fire Science
Bachelor of Science Degree, Management
Bio:
Married, five children

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • David Lewis

Hello Chief Burns -
    I'm David, Lewis, curator of the Aurora Regional Fire Museum in Aurora IL, and Glenn tossed your idea my direction. It's a great idea, and I'd be happy to take the lead, provided you and Glenn are there to back-me-up. *wink*

To some extent this project has already been done with Glenn's monthly trivia contests, and also on the great website created by Capt. Mica (check it out: http://www.captainmica.com )
  • Anthony Avillo

hi chief
    hope u enjoyed the conference and the presentation
    always could use another friend
    be safe
    if u need anything, u know where 2 find me
    be safe
    aa
  • John Cranston

Thank you, Chief!

Been in the service 30 yrs and retired from chief 2 yrs ago. But still active and filling in as liet until some of the newer folks get some experience behind them.

It just struck me that the newer members have heard nothing but the mantra that they are #1 on the fire scene, and finally I just had to raise a voice to present the other viewpoint, that we are there to help others, and sometimes that means putting ourselves at risk, not stupidly, not without conscious decision-making and risk evaluation. And of course, we have to have our brother/sister's backs at all times, as they have ours.

I am truly flattered that you'd take the time to write.It is much appreciated.

John "Doc" Cranston