Title/rank:
Fire-fighter 1,First responder,Hasmat,
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Combination fire department
Top issues in your department:
Keeping the dept clean,neat,up to date drills,dept meetings
Professional Qualifications:
Drive the first responder truck,fight fires,hazmat scenes,accidents,uses of the jaws of life,how to handle our equiptment,keeping the tools,etc.clean and put in the right prostitions.To know safety comes first ,of our fire fitghters.
Topics you provide training for:
Firefighter1
Hazmat
First-responder
emt
Areas of expertise:
Bamburg county areas of South Carolina zone 2 and 3
Bio:
When a tone drops,the first thing I do ,is dress out ,less than a minute,
Put the rest of my gear on the Fire Truck,then we :::ROLL::::We size out the scene,we see who is in command,we roll out the lines,and go from their.
We serve,protect lifes and land,, Always,safety first on our Dept...One of the best in South Carolina

Comment Wall:

• Brenda Tenney

A Fire Fighters Prayer

When our shift begins at the break of day.
    I ask the Lord that you would go before us.
    What ever we are called upon to do.
    We are comfident you will be our strength.
    For those unfortunate ones who find their selves
    facing the unthinkable flames that would engulf
    their lives.
    We humbly ask that you would give us the priviiledge
    to assist them to safety.
    Above all,We ask that you would give us wisdom to
    know what to do,and when to do it,and send you
    Angels to show us the way.
    In the midst of the flames,if we should be taken,This
    is our request of you.
    Please be the Father to our children,and the Provider for
    our wifes,
    In "Jesus" Name,,Amen
    We need a poem board,thought you fire fighters may like this ,,,bt
  • Todd McKee

Cool
  • Jim Mason

Glad to have you as a friend Brenda, You've got alot of duties at the firehouse. How big is the department total with all the firefighters?
    I've been on a couple of different departments but never a combination dept. I'm sure that is a challenge.
    We have another question on the "Common Sense Firefighting" about roof ventilation on commercial buildings, check it out.
    Jim Mason Chgo FD
  • Jim Mason

We have an explorer froup here and in the Suburb of Chicago where I started in the fire service. It's a great program. They say the way the first year is for a person in the fire service is the way they will be for the rest of their career. If we get them interested and working hrd they will be like that the rest of theri time. I know it affected me that way. We put up another question the "Common Sense Firefighting " page about roof operations, check it. I look forward to see the FD pictures also.
    Take care Jim Mason Chgo FD
  • Brenda Tenney

I have been very busy working this week,over time.Maybe next week ,i can join in more discussions ,I have and up coming school to attend in December,for and few days.So I know I will be studying,A course we have to update for FD.
    Stay Safe,
  • Brenda Tenney

Thanks Ian,my husband was just telling me some of the Tenney history,they are spread from MA to PA,now down south.where the weather is quite some changes,tell your wife she has and good name,my middle name is Brenda which i go by,because my first name is hard to pronounce.
    We usually have and Tenney union in Ohio in April.I have not been up North in two years,,keeping busy here.The Chief told us last night at our meeting calm before the storm. I hope we don't have and busy winter,putting out fires..But,that is our busiest time of the year. Keep safe ,you and your wife,Brenda T
  • Jim Mason

Thanks for mentinig it to the chief. Everyone is welcome on the CSF page. We have the explorers here to but I don;t ever get a chance to see them as my dept is so large. take care
    JM
  • Brenda Tenney

Thanks Jim,Tonight the explorers had there first training,from 7 until..I bet those young guys will be very tired at school tomorrow.
    Am at work,so I cannot be on line very long..I come into
    Fire engineering when I can..Be safe.