Training Officer
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Apparatus Response and Safety
Emerging/Growing EMS Concerns
Potential adoption of Patient Transport
Safety Issues - (seatbelts, heat related issues, fire tactics, etc.
Professional Qualifications:
12 years fire service experience
MS state fire school smoke diver graduate
B.S. in Public Relations
Associates Degree in Fire Protection
8 + years experience as a Fire Paramedic
Disaster Relief Volunteer to Long Beach, MS - Hurricane Katrina
Firefighter Combat Challenge Veteran
Topics you provide training for:
New Fire Cadets - Essentials of Firefighting 4th Ed.
Thermal Imaging Class
Rapid Intervention Class
Calling the Mayday Class
Introduction to the Fire Service for fire cadets in training
Paramedic response & actions
Vehicle Extrication Class
Forcible Entry Class
Areas of expertise:
Paramedicine
Fire Attack Operations
Fire Service Foundational Training
Bio:
Started the fire service in 1996 with a smaller regional fire department. Began with the Tulsa Fire Department in 1998. Was a member of the Tulsa Firefighter's Combat Challenge Team in 1998 and 1999. We ran the relay and the individual events. Attended Paramedic school through the department in 1999. Volunteered to go through the State of Mississippi Smoke Diver course in 2001. Volunteered for Hurricane Katrina relief effort in October of 2005 - 1 week tour-of-duty at Long Beach, MS, Fire Dept. Promoted to Fire Equipment Operator in July of 2006. Tested and acquired Training Officer position January 1, 2008 to present. I have 4 boys 2-17 that keep me busy along with my love for the job.

Spencer in Tulsa

Comment Wall:

• Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

welcome!!!!!!!! I think your'll really like it here. So awesome instructors.
    Jenn
  • Todd McKee

Welcome to the greatest training site in the WORLD, this is where the serious trainers come together and grow from each other.
    Please take a look at the second HazMat group called HAZMAT TRAINING & NEWS. Your input will be appreciated. Todd McKee
  • Todd McKee

I understand look to left in groups veiw all and it is the second HAZMAT group bro Todd
  • Spencer L. Garden

sorry dude, ultimate tard, still can't find it, but will keep trying. thanks again.
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Hey Spencer, yeah its Sept 13 and 14. Thank you for the phone numbers I tried to call him and left a message for them. Hopefully they will call me back. I promised Brian I would send them a flier.
    Oh I wish I was there this weekend, I heard alot of great things about the Graham class.
    My daughter is in high spirits but last week they did say there was more damage then they thought. We're waiting for more test. Have a great weekend. I'll email this week when I return.
    Jenn
  • Spencer L. Garden

ya he is awesome. very funny c you on the 10th.

spencer
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

spencer, sorry I missed your call, it takes a ole grandma a little while to get off a ladder specially when she is scared of heights... LOL how was your weekend? Give me a call when you can Jenn
  • Nelson Ojeda

Tenga un muy buen dia instructor muchas gracias por la ayuda!
  • Spencer L. Garden

rock on brother, rock on. tenga un buenas dias amigo. aribba!!!!
  • Nelson Ojeda

Hey Spencer,
    I called you on Monday. Write me back whenever you have time.

Cuidese amigo!
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Spencer.........You missed it.. call me when you return. I'll fill you in.
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Lol, noooooo! Still c.amping out. Doesnut fruitcake have nuts? Hmmm cause you might look at my friends list. Lol good call him cause Its something you will totally enjoy. Let me know. Jro
  • Nate Morgans

Spence, it's just three of us on this thing now. I have learned a lot so far. We are looking at changing our high rise pack this next week, from reading these blogs.
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

As u can tell by yesterdays comment, I haven't learn to type on my blackberry yet. Lol jenn
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Hey Spencer,
    I leave town again and all fire breaks out... 4 fires in 2 days... Wow!!!!!!!!! Tulsa's really hot!!!
    Had to get you a hard time... Talk soon. Fruitcake... I still love my Tulsa Bro's..
  • Spencer L. Garden

well ya know we try. talk to ya later.... talked to chief halton on the phone and he said he would do all he could to get me to the fdic. cool beans....
    spencer
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Who do I need to talk to there in t town about you and indy? Remember I've learned from the best!!!!! I've sweet talked the best... Lol .
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Awesome about Indy... I still have a shotgun seat for you...I'm hoping this month to start my emt school... Im ready to put flying to the side instead of my fire career. The skies aren't as friendly as they were 25 yrs ago.... Yeah!!! you Tulsa guys continue to make me proud...lol
  • Nate Morgans

When is the FDIC?
  • Spencer L. Garden

we worked the flashover simulator for half of the cadets on last friday and we'll work it for the other half tomorrow morning. It is a great learning tool. Observation of fire and smoke behavior is very cool. Plus just the general being close to the fire and heat is exciting to me. love it.
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

Graves huh?????????? you forgot who taught me everything.....they don't call me FRY's little sister for nothing.......Jenn
  • Jenn Ross..aka "J-RO"

HEY THERE,
    Thank you so much for the invite. I really enjoyed it last night. I was impressed, and That takes alot too.lol Keep up the great work. Talk soon
    Jenn
  • Nelson Ojeda

Hi Spencer,
    Just wanted to know how have you been... we need to go out some time. We are getting ready to take that mayday class to Chile and we have more and more Departments from different Latin American countries signing up for that. Thanks for your support.

Nelson
  • John Barrett

HONOR THEIR SACRIFICES is a non-profit organization out of Texas that is dedicated to using the lessons learned from past LODD incidents to prevent future reoccurrences.
    We are looking for individuals in your area to assist us in our efforts.
    Please take a moment to visit our website to find out more about us and how you may be able to help us.

www.honortheirsacrifices.com

Thanks,

John Barrett
    President, Founder
  • Spencer L. Garden

hey man i really appreciate the sfd translation. shoulda known. i was pretty sure capt. marlar and caldwell knew ya. they are awesome instructors and glad to be paired with them. hope to meet ya soon. sounds like we may at one of jen's dept. functions. take care.