Department:
DETROIT
Title/rank:
FIREIFIGHTER
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Topics you provide training for:
CERTIFIED STATE OF MICHIGAN FIRE INSTRUCTOR
2008 FDIC HOT CLASS INSTRUCTOR (ENGINE CLASS)
TRUCK COMPANY TRAINING
CONFINED SPACE TRAINING
LIVE BURN TRAINING ( CIRCLE CENTER FIRE SCHOOL INDY)

Comment Wall:

• Mike Walker

Hi Stephen, welcome to the page. I started a High-Rise group to allow to discuss these monsters. Check it out and I hope join. Stay safe.
  • Erich Roden

Hey Bro,
    Great to hear from you. How's things?
  • Ron Smith (a.k.a. G-Ron)

Nice.....Is that any way to talk? Is that what they teach at the academy in Detroit?

Get back to work!
  • Paul J De Bartolomeo

Whats up brother. I saw Joe yesturday at work, he said you caught a good jod the other day. Thats good to hear. I still want to take a trip out to see Detroit, let me know.
  • Jamie Morelock

Things are alright. I was on vacation for the last two weeks. However, summer is upon us, and the kids must be getting bored. The shift before vacation I went to five jobs after midnight (which is not the norm). Came back to work last Thursday and went to two after midnight which is more a typical summer work load. Another curse of summer is the doubling of EMS runs the inner city companies get every night...something I'm sure you wish Detroit fire rigs did. How are things 40 minutes north? I saw some of the photos JJ took in the Motor City and thought that some of them were definitely cover worthy shots. Stay safe Bro.
  • David Ebel

G********,

We have created a site for responders run exclusively by responders... It is a place with great fellowship on the good days and solid and confidential support when the "bad call" happens. As a Chaplain of over 25 years we wanted a place that responders could come and receive the support for traumatic events with trained CISM responders and more.

Please join our site and invite your friends, too

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Chaplain David Ebel
    Bakersfield, CA
  • David Ebel

Stephen,

I grew up in Roseville and then did our first assignment at Lonyo and Central and then moved to Fenkel and Southfield..added together it was 5 1/2 years...

Still miss my Detroit friends....

David
  • David Ebel

I haven't been in Detroit for over 20 years...

I have had 22 addresses (when I transfer to Excondido next month) and only 3 were in Detroit.

I have a sister still there and am trying to safe up frequent flyer tickets to get back.

David
  • PJ Johnson

Hey Steve,
    Thanks for the note. Hope all is good in the motor city. Keep in touch!
  • Mike Donovan

Hey Brother,

Great meeting you, hope all is well.
  • Daryl Liggins

Steve, brother, friend,
    all of that. Hope all is well.
  • George Humphrey

Steve whats up man. hey just signed up with the website and saw youon it . Hope all is well in the motor city. Hey I am trying to get Tony to make another run up there this coming holiday. If not I think I am most definately gonna come up. So I plan on stoppin by and chillin for a bit and sayin hey to the guys. Tony didnt sound to thrilled about the whole fire service anymore so I am not sure if he is gonna come or not. It didnt sound to good. I will keep tryin. I will give you a call when the time gets closer
    till then stay safe. Later bro