Chris Wiggins

42, Male

Sullivan, IN

United States

Profile Information:

Lives in:
Sullivan, Indiana
Department:
Thunderbird Fire Protection Territory / Sullivan F.D. / On-Site Health & Safety / Newport Chemical Depot / Shelburn F.D. / CARE Ambulance
Title/rank:
Lieutenant / Training Officer / FF / EMT-B
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Combination fire department
Top issues in your department:
Training, Teamwork, Information Distribution, Desire for "The Job", Firefighter Health/ Physical Fitness, Departmental Budget, Effective Leadership
Professional Qualifications:
Firefighter 1 / 2
EMT-Basic
Fire Medic 2
Fire Officer 1
Fire Instructor 1
Fire Officer - Strategy & Tactics
HazMat Awareness / Op.s
NFA / NFPA Safety Officer
NIMS Awareness / Op.s
Rapid Intervention Team
Technical Rescue Awareness ( Confined Space, Rope Rescue, Structural Collapse, Swift Water, Trench, Vehicle/ Machinery, Wilderness)
Rope Rescue Op.s
Vehicle & Machinery Op.s
Rescue Technician III
Wildland Firefighter 1 /2
Topics you provide training for:
Extrication, Rescue Drags & Carries, Scene Size-Up, Mandatory Firefighter State Class
Web site:
http://facebook.com

Comment Wall:

• John Power

Nice pics Wiggy!
  • John Power

Hey Wiggy,

The pic that you posted of the 50's SFD. That would have been in the 60's sometime. That is my uncle, who was Chief at the time, standing by the front wheelwell on the left. I can ask him and find out for sure if you want to know. I used to go over with my cousin and slide down the old fire pole. Man that was a long time ago.
  • John Power

If Steveie is an old schooler then what am I? Wait....don't answer that!
  • Christi Haymore

I know, it is the best. We have scrap books from way back and you can spend hours looking at them. Its awesome to see how far we have come.
  • David Ebel

Please allow me to invite you to a site designed by responders for responders... the crew that is doing it is CISM multilevel trained and are there for the guys after the bad calls. It helps the responders that do not yet have a team or would be worried that they asking for help would be seen as weakness. Please join and share it when you can. As a chaplain with over 25 years of service to fire departments I am excited with it's potential to provide support.

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders