Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Lowcountry Pluff Mudders

Information

Lowcountry Pluff Mudders

Here to help each other with tough challenges.

Members: 13
Latest Activity: Mar 10, 2011

Discussion Forum

Lowcountry Issues

Started by Will Vaigneur Mar 23, 2009.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Lowcountry Pluff Mudders to add comments!

Comment by Joshua Horton on April 2, 2009 at 6:30pm
Hey yall I know not all of you have budgetary responsibilities but if you did what would you look at as far as fixed assets or capital items based on what you already have available in your department. What are some of the big ticket items, more that $3,000.00, you feel could be justified? Just looking to spark some conversation.
Comment by Clay Scoggins on March 23, 2009 at 9:10am
I think they were just looking for a response. My personal oppinion is they threw out something they knew nobody would like and now they can come back and say firefighters will be firefighters and cops will be cops with a public safety director in charge thinking people will buy that because its not as bad as having to cross train everyone.
Comment by Will Vaigneur on March 23, 2009 at 8:44am
I am with Chief Horton, were they throwing that out to get a response or a they planning to move forward with that idea?
Comment by Joshua Horton on March 23, 2009 at 8:38am
I heard something about PSO was just wondering. If that was the official word? PSO works in some instances but more often than not you will either have a Fire Chief or a Police Chief rarely both. either way one organization will struggle to maintain their baseline.
Comment by Clay Scoggins on March 23, 2009 at 8:35am
I agree.
Comment by Clay Scoggins on March 23, 2009 at 8:33am
Did you read the paper Saturday?
Comment by Will Vaigneur on March 23, 2009 at 8:33am
Clay, I do carry a gun. I just am not interested in chasing people that do nor am I interested in a orginization that is tasked with fire department resposibilities to have a focus on crime.
Comment by Joshua Horton on March 23, 2009 at 8:32am
what do you mean what are you trying to say? is the city going pso?
Comment by Clay Scoggins on March 23, 2009 at 8:29am
Any of you firefighters interested in carrying guns??? I bet not
Comment by Joshua Horton on March 23, 2009 at 8:27am
Good Morning Everyone! Have a Stellar Day!

Members (12)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service