Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Start Water Discussions (41)

← Back to Start Water
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Which nozzle for fashover?

Suppose you are "deep in the heat" on a 1 3/4" when things go awry (flash or near-flash). Which nozzle do you want on your line and why?

Started by Scott Zogg

39 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by Timothy Patrick

TFT Low pressure atomatic nozzle or 15/16 smooth bore

What do you think Brothers Low pressure with the spring /piston valve or smooth bore for interior attack.

Started by Greg Wyant

8 Oct 8, 2011
Reply by Greg Wyant

Smooth Bore PDP

Hello guys.   My department just entered the 1980's and are starting to use our first smooth bore nozzles. We are going to have a 15/16 tip…

Started by Joe McClelland

5 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Alan Butsch

Chicago LODD

Someone please tell me that the VACANT commercail laundry building had people in it to save.  That there was an occupied exposure attached,…

Started by Russ Chapman

5 Dec 26, 2010
Reply by Ben Fleagle

Change

Why is change hard to accomplish in the fire service when it comes to new tactics or equipment? I will start this by saying that sometimess…

Started by Paul Shapiro

2 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Eric Myers

Kinking problems with smooth bore lines:

We have been using 15/16 solid stream nozzles for a number of years, without any issues involving lines kinking. The PDP of 135-140 PSI. gi…

Started by John Rigney

7 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by John Rigney

Straw Poll on Nozzles.

What's your service area size and call volume and do you have any large area structures in your first due area. How do you staff your Engin…

Started by Larry Lasich

6 May 9, 2010
Reply by Paul Shapiro

Problem with "Training Minutes"

Does anyone have a problem with the "Direct Fire Attack" Training Minutes.  This goes against everything we have been trying to preach!  Wh…

Started by Russ Chapman

1 Mar 14, 2010
Reply by Doug Ott

Solid Stream Nozzles

I would like to start a discussion specifically on solid stream/smooth bore nozzles. I am interested in what size nozzles are being used as…

Started by Bob Shovald

22 Jan 18, 2010
Reply by Russ Chapman

Best way to stretch on a porch

We had a small fire the other night requiring us to stretch a hoseline onto a narrow porch with entry from the side. Although the stretch w…

Started by Tim Linke

3 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service