Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Tools and Equipment

Information

Tools and Equipment

Reviews of Fire Service tools and equipment. Please justify your approval or disapproval of a tool or equipment.

Members: 42
Latest Activity: Jan 6, 2015

Discussion Forum

Radio strap

Started by Rick Fritz Dec 2, 2014.

Basic Tools vs. New Demolition Tools? 1 Reply

Started by Larry Glover. Last reply by Rick Fritz Apr 26, 2013.

Gemtor Harness

Started by Baxter L Miller III Mar 18, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Tools and Equipment to add comments!

Comment by Nate Brown on January 31, 2009 at 11:05am
You guys may get tired of me talking about saws, but I just talked to Bob at Fire Hooks Unlimited and he is thinking about making his 14" 30 tooth carbide blade with a 20mm arbor h*** so you don't have to use an arbor adaptor on Stihl cut off saws. If anyone else uses Stihl saws please call him and ask for it!
Comment by Nate Brown on January 23, 2009 at 9:33am
Pike pole vs. Truckman's hook (New York Hook). We started using Truckman's hooks a couple of years ago and we all love them. It seems that the pike pole has fallen to the waist side. Does anyone else feel this way or should I give my pike pole some attention?
Comment by Nate Brown on January 21, 2009 at 5:38pm
I am looking for some feedback on saws. We have a Stihl MS 460 Rescue saw with the Rescue chain "RDR" on our Truck. I've been impressed with it cutting vent holes, but haven't had a chance to cut anything else. Has anyone cut lexan glass or sheet metal roofs with it? There are alot of wood frame construction houses in my district with sheet metal roofs. We do have a Stihl TS 460 Cut of saw, but my Chief is reluctant to put a carbide tip wood cutting blade on it because of Stihl's disclaimer about using those types of blades.

Members (40)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service