Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Firefighter's Own Worst Enemy Discussions (30)

← Back to Firefighter's Own Worst Enemy
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Teeter Totter

Here is one for all of you technical rescue folks. This was emailed to me and I admit that I don’t know the origins or circumstances. Ho…

Started by Jason Hoevelmann

5 May 11, 2010
Reply by Mike France

Personal Harness HOT Class at FDIC 2010

This was the afternoon class that I took on Monday at FDIC 2010. The class was led by Dan DiRenzo and his crew form Safety and Survival Tra…

1 Apr 30, 2010
Reply by Nick Morgan

More on VES

Since this has become a “hot” topic, this is an excellent presentation provided by Fire Engineering on their website. The presentation is g…

1 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Nick Morgan

Breakdown of FDIC 2010 H.O.T. Classes: Large Area Search

These are pictures of the Large Area Search class that I took at FDIC on Monday of last week. The class was held at the old airport termi…

0 Apr 27, 2010

FDIC Wrap Up

Well, it’s over. I had a tremendous time in Indianapolis and got to meet some great folks. The HOT classes I took were incredible and those…

0 Apr 25, 2010

One Method for Overhead Door Access

Here is look at a good video showing one method on how to gain access for garages and other roll up/overhead door applications. Make sure…

1 Apr 7, 2010

Remembering Colerain

Here are two videos in honor and memory of Colerain Firefighter Brian Schira and Captain Robin Broxterman. Never forget their sacrifice and…

1 Apr 5, 2010

High Rise Hose Tips

This video gives some very specific tips for folding and using your high rise pack. Take the time to watch this, it has some really good id…

1 Apr 4, 2010

False Exterior Walls

Do you see anything different here? I was out of town most of this past week for class and noticed this building on the first morning I d…

0 Apr 3, 2010

Hose Handling Drills

Here is a short video that you can use to supplement your training for hose handling. This seems like really simple stuff, but, it is perfo…

1 Apr 2, 2010

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

Groups

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service