Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I just wrote a 2 hour lecture discussing the importance of RIT "Beyond the Tarp". A Tarp and a hand full of tools do not give you the skills to be a RIT team. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I am very passionate about saving our own, our brothers and sisters, the fathers, mothers, and sons of our closest friends.

The lecture does not tell you how to do RIT. It simply gets a large group fired up and passionate about wanting to do more RIT training. From there you can bring in any number of Trainers or Training groups, or go to them, and expand on your RIT knowledge and techniques. But, we need to recognize that RIT is not a class, it is a continued thought process for every perpetual student of the fire service. Please call me if you want to talk more about the potential training opportunities.

Michael Waldron
INNER CIRCLE FIRE TRAINING

Views: 176

Replies to This Discussion

Michael, I am responsible for the RIT training in my department and it is a huge undertaking and we are creating that inner desire to save our own. I got into this job to save the Brothers and the more I train, study and respond I see that the safest fire is the one that goes out. In our rush to save our own let's not lose sight of aggresive interior tactics that quickly extinguish the fire and thereby saves more. Keep up the good work and feel free to contact me anytime to discuss the vital dynamic assignment of RIT.
Michael, I am interested. I'll give you my particulars when we talk.
Be Safe,
Dave Gallagher

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service