Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

AS your time passes from a rookie firefighter to a senior firefighter. When do you feel it is time to take the lead at the firehouse? I'm not talking about the fire scene I am talking about around the fire house, getting the guys off the chair to train, eating together, and keeping the morale up.

Todd McKee

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brent, AS Always very well said!

What can we do to get that love for the job back? I went to FDIC! That helped me understand the entire Fire Service! Got me Pumped and ready for the next one!
I am more of and follower ,and do as I am told. Our fellow fire fighter's all work to-gather a must.
A rookie may come in,and we show and tell the duties we have to do.So far,as a female fire fighter,the woman work
from the out side of a structure fire. I would not want to take the lead ,leave it up to more experience fire fighters than I.
To take the lead,that is for the guys......I could if ,the chief told me to do so.Brenda
Well said,I could of not said that no better.,Brent
Brenda
Brenda

At No time do I beleive or will I ever beleive that females should fight the fire from the outside of the structure. We are no longer call firemen we are firefighters. A fire card means the same if it is a male or female, we all must protect people and property, with keeping safety in mind. As a women, you would have nothing to prove at our firehouse. Keep looking up, keep learning, and keep training. God Bless you!

Todd McKee
Tom ,am not saying I would not go into and structure fire,am not afraid to,i would..I have been in and few,its our Chief,that said,as long as we have many men fire fighters that can go in,they do,If not,i no am going in.
Thanks Tom,i got plenty of Books from training classes,and so on.You are and help...You take care,and God Bless You.
Busy day today,,maybe tomorrow,will be better...I go by Brenda,First name is Exie Brenda,,,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service