Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

In the past I have developed Junior Firefighter programs for fire departments with in my county. I am interested in hearing about what your Junior Firefighters do for training, how often do they train, what do they train on, and how many Junior firefighters participate?
Todd McKee

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our Fire Department has 6 Junior Members presently. They train with us any time they want which is five nights per month. We are looking at having a seperate training night for just them but they seem to like to train with us as well. We always make sure that they do not do anything dangerous but they enjoy doing BA, Extrication, etc. The more involved the more they feel part of everything. Our Juniors are not allowed to go to calls until they are 16. Once they reach 16 - 18 they may go on calls, but are not allowed any front line activity. They may do traffic, take vitals when firefighters return, however we keep them out of harms way.

Paula MacDonald
Paula- Sounds great! What Community Service Events do you guys do each year? Todd

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service