Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Hello group,

I don't know if you have been keeping up with the new EPA standards for new engines, but it appears that the EPA is going to drive the cost up to a point ,that a new apparatus may be to costly to purchase. The new standards that goes into effect 2010, may lead Cummings and Detroit to pull out of the Emergecy Services Market.

Brothers, we need to flood our congressmen with letters demanding that fire apparatus be placed in the same catogory as military vehicles and exempt from EPA standards. They (congress) must be made to understand that our fire apparatus has to perform and where it is responding EPA standards are shot to hell with the material burning!

We firefighters, as a group, have the highest number of american voters in this country! Believe me letters and call will make your congressman listen, especially when the great numbers are mentioned of our voter input.

Our fire apparatus is our nations first line of defence when something goes terribly wrong in our communities. I am writing and going to call my senators and ask them to introduce a bill exempting American Fire and Emergency apparatus to be exempt from EPA standards. Please join me in this endivor.

Take care and be safe!
Bob

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Hello group,

Just to give you an update on this subject of getting EPA standards dropped for fire apparatus. Senator Pryor contacted me after I spoke with his father on the problems created by all the EPA standards. I am getting the information together with the help of Pierce Manufacturing to turn in to Senator Pryor on this matter. He said he would intorduce a bill in congress to get fire apparatus exempt as is military vehicles.

His father, David Pryor (retired senator) told me he thought fire trucks were already exempt. When I told him the problems it has created and the cost associated, he told me he would have his son, Mark, give me a call. Two days later he did!

I will keep you updated on this matter as it developes.

Take care and safe holidays,

Bob

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service