Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Anyone have any idea on where I can start to look for Labs for my department? Just stirring the pot a little.

Views: 218

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning Michael,

I highly recommend that you look at two agencies to work with on ADC. My partner is trained and certified by the ATF in Front Royal VA. "Bailey" and I have been working together for 4 + years, and he is top shelf in working fire scenes. I have a friend in Anderson In that has had two certified State Farm partners, and his is also a hard working partner. Where are you on the job at? I would be more than happy to talk with you on the program. "Bailey" is the only ATF certified K-9 in Indiana, and there are last count, 72 in the United States.
Michael,
I am on the job for the City of Pompano Beach. We are the next city north of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Send me an e-mail and I'll get you my contact info. Thanks for the reply
Michael I would suggest that you contact your local ATF field division. All of the ATF Accelerent Dogs in the field are State and Local Handlers. I have an ATF Explosives dog so I have been through the program which trains at the same location with the same instructors as the Accelerant Dogs. If you get into the program they will provide the dog for free.

When I went through the training the government paid for the entire program to include lodging and meals. Rumor has it that they are cutting the budget and may make the handlers agency pick up the lodging and meals. Either way you come out ahead. You get a great dog for free and you will make some great contacts with the ATF. Your only obligation is to assist the ATF and area departments by providing the canine when needed. Talk to the local office and they can explain it to you.

Good Luck

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service