Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

The FEO-K1 is now part of the elevator code for all of North America on new elevator installations since the 2006 version of the ASME A17.1 / CSA B44 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators. What is the situation in your jurisdiction?

Views: 1166

Replies to This Discussion

I'm having a horrible time getting this one through. Currently in Oklahoma City, we've got at least 20 keys. Our code enforcement is trying to push that keys in a Knox Box is sufficient but I disagree. So my official answer for Okla. City, is " Not SO Much......"
Hi Mike;
I'm still getting used to this system, so sorry for the delay. The thing to look for now is what are they going to do, as the 2006 code requires that the FEO-K1 be installed unless your local jurisdiction decides to modify the code. I'd find some sympathetic elevator people in your city to fill you in on what they are doing, and just what edition of the code the state is using. As for the existing installations, that is always an uphill battle, and with the overall economy in the tank, it becomes harder. Feel free to ask , and I'll answer any questions you may have. Stay safe!
I have no idea. Nothing like this makes it down to the general population
Barry;
In Ma we use the 3502 key, and will not be changing over to the FEO-K1.
ok Chief. Thanks for the clarification

John O'Donoghue said:
Barry;
In Ma we use the 3502 key, and will not be changing over to the FEO-K1.
hello in Montreal have found two version of FEO-K1!!!. the firts and the second version. The technician could not tell why this happen. In our city the new elevators mostly come whit FEO-K1.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service