Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Following a few emails from FDIC and some recent messages I figured I would just post this.

Brush FDIC2011 Ventilation Principles and Practices

This is the same text that is available in the FDIC 2011 downloads from my presentation. We were required to submit the text in January so I have made quite a few changes since this was posted with recent information such as the UL Ventilation of Legacy and Contemporary Residential Construction ... Overall most of the message is the same. All the videos referred to in this text are available on this site under videos or on my page. Chief Norwood of East Haven Connecticut has also posted some unbelievably good footage in the video section as well that will also support current teaching an training.

The Fire Engineering Community Site is "Where firefighters come to talk training" take this opportunity to collect that which has been made so available to you to build classes that meet the needs of your department. Traditions Training   Urban Firefighter   Brotherhood Instructors Talk is good but doing something with the discussion is what moves us from the kitchen table to the classroom, drill ground and the rig.

I know firefighters well enough to understand that you will not agree with all of what I have to say or all that is posted on any of these other sites. Save the energy wasted in rebuttals and put it to work. The greatest compliment to my work would be to see you better yourself and those around you by dedicating time and research to making your own message which completely counters mine. I am a firm believer that we should not be allowed to have opinions if we fail to truly listen to the opinion of others.

In the end, training must be shared. I would have nothing if nothing was given to me. We are in control of the future of the fire service and this is the place where cultural change is driven.

Thank you-

Brian Brush

Forever indebted to those who came before me,stand beside me and who will carry the message forward!    

"Courage, Determination and Pride" "Keep fire in your life" (Ray McCormack FDIC Keynote 2009)

Views: 390

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like a great presentation. Going to view it today and then share it with the guys tomorrow on shift!

Brian,

Thank you for posting this.  I found it very useful and informative.  Is there a way to access the video links that are referenced in the text?

Thanks again.

Rob

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service