Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

i am lt. at my local fire dept. i am takeing over training and i am looking for anything on advanced extrication to use for training. thank you for anything

Views: 530

Replies to This Discussion

Larry this is available at FDIC 2011 from Leigh who I think is also a member here, also in our Training minutes section there are a lot of videos on extrication by Leigh and Dave Dalrymple also in webcasts we have several extrication webcasts. If you need contact information for these guys or Jason Emery or Matt call me 201 406 8278 or send me an e-mail we will get you what you need , Bobby

This year at FDIC

4-Hour Evolutions: Monday and Tuesday, March 21-22
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.

Advanced Car and SUV Vehicle Extrication NEW!
Lead Instructor: Battalion Chief Leigh Hollins, Cedar Hammock (FL) Fire Department
Participants will receive hands-on instruction about the newest, most advanced techniques for stabilizing vehicles and extricating victims from cars and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) using a wide array of hand and power tools. A four-station rotation provides students with a fast-paced, diverse extrication experience and plenty of “tool time.”

Responding to Incidents Involving Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Lieutenant Jason Emery, Waterbury (CT) Fire Department
With the influx of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) into the market and the nationwide release of two electric vehicles (EVs) in 2011, it is imperative that emergency responders, who are on the “front lines” of handling accidents, extrications, and fires, train to respond to incidents involving these vehicles. This workshop will help first responders stay on top of automotive trends in these technology areas and will provide the skills needed to safely respond to incidents involving hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electric vehicles. Identification methods, vehicle systems, potential hazards, and response procedures will be addressed as well as the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf, the first two major entrants in the electrical vehicle market. This program is designed to familiarize all response personnel, from the first year probie to the seasoned chief officer, with how to safely work around HEVs and EVs at an incident.

Hybrid Safety for First Responders
Matthew .G Stroud, Owner/President, MGS TECH Incorporated
This workshop includes discussions about hybrid parts locations, high voltage hazards, power down procedures, and fire and submersion tactics. It will dispel myths and misinformation about these vehicles and operating around them. Learn about air bag (SRS) systems, what a hybrid is and how to identify it, basic electrical theory, parts location and identification, and the hybrid’s future.

Thanks for the info.

Bobby Halton said:

Larry this is available at FDIC 2011 from Leigh who I think is also a member here, also in our Training minutes section there are a lot of videos on extrication by Leigh and Dave Dalrymple also in webcasts we have several extrication webcasts. If you need contact information for these guys or Jason Emery or Matt call me 201 406 8278 or send me an e-mail we will get you what you need , Bobby

This year at FDIC

4-Hour Evolutions: Monday and Tuesday, March 21-22
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.

Advanced Car and SUV Vehicle Extrication NEW!
Lead Instructor: Battalion Chief Leigh Hollins, Cedar Hammock (FL) Fire Department
Participants will receive hands-on instruction about the newest, most advanced techniques for stabilizing vehicles and extricating victims from cars and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) using a wide array of hand and power tools. A four-station rotation provides students with a fast-paced, diverse extrication experience and plenty of “tool time.”

Responding to Incidents Involving Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
Lieutenant Jason Emery, Waterbury (CT) Fire Department
With the influx of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) into the market and the nationwide release of two electric vehicles (EVs) in 2011, it is imperative that emergency responders, who are on the “front lines” of handling accidents, extrications, and fires, train to respond to incidents involving these vehicles. This workshop will help first responders stay on top of automotive trends in these technology areas and will provide the skills needed to safely respond to incidents involving hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electric vehicles. Identification methods, vehicle systems, potential hazards, and response procedures will be addressed as well as the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf, the first two major entrants in the electrical vehicle market. This program is designed to familiarize all response personnel, from the first year probie to the seasoned chief officer, with how to safely work around HEVs and EVs at an incident.

Hybrid Safety for First Responders
Matthew .G Stroud, Owner/President, MGS TECH Incorporated
This workshop includes discussions about hybrid parts locations, high voltage hazards, power down procedures, and fire and submersion tactics. It will dispel myths and misinformation about these vehicles and operating around them. Learn about air bag (SRS) systems, what a hybrid is and how to identify it, basic electrical theory, parts location and identification, and the hybrid’s future.

I see that Todd Hoffman of Scene of the Accident has his VX training on DVD now. 8 DVDs. I saw a sample of it at workingfire.com  This stuff is really the latest and also covers other stuff like hybrids, highway rescue scene setup, etc.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service