Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

This issue was recently posed to me by another member of my department and I'm looking for some input/feedback on the issue.

A local rescue company runs a Petrogen cutting torch on their rescue. As opposed to running standard gasoline (or gas with stabilizer) they opt to run Coleman Camp Fuel.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Good idea? Bad Idea? Cut at same temperatures? Issues?

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-The Petrogen people state on their web site that Coleman camp fuel is possible to use in their torch in a pinch but that it will most definitely work less efficiently than gasoline.
-The Petrogen torch is a great tool but has some limitations in that it is not as efficient as some other high end devices that are made specifically for the fire service. Therefore, operate safely and efficiently while protecting your investment by staying true to the manufacturers specs.
-After all, they write those little owners manuals, that no one ever reads, for a reason.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

Groups

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service