Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Here is a good video of stretching from a standpipe to the fire room. It looks like a good way to control the hose and to reduce kinks prior to charging it.

Let me know what you think and if you have some other ideas or drills that you use.

Stay safe and be careful.

Views: 140

Replies to This Discussion

Cool video Jason. Looks like a good, basic Hi-Rise hose drill. I would like to have seen it with the firefighters wearing the SCBA minus the facepiece, as that would add realism to the weight and bulkiness of our equipment when conducting Hi-Rise operations. My department has not adopted the use of 2 1/2" hose for a standpipe kit, rather we carry 100' of 1 3/4" with a 75 psi fog nozzle; and 50' of 2 1/2 connected to a gated wye to make the standpipe connection with. Some companies are experimenting with the "Denver bundle" or it's equivalent. It would be great if we could get access to a Hi-Rise building to train with some of these drills.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service