Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Hello, I'm a member of our spec committee for our new platform aerial ladder. Most of the time we will be running as a true ladder company. Although, occasionally we will have to provide suppression coverage. Therefore, we will need a pump on our truck. We would like to have a roll up door covering the pump panel to protect it and to let us feel like a true ladder company once in a while. Is there anyone out there with this type of door covering the panel? If so, who makes it and do you like the concept? Thanks!

Views: 643

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You're talking about a Quint. Good luck finding a roll down for the pump panel.
Word!

Cover that "$#!+" up brother!
The City of Fairbanks has that type of roll up door on their platform they spec'd from ALF and all their newer ALF apparatus. Not sure who the door manufacture is but leave that up to the apparatus manufacturer in the bid because they will build the compartment for the door to fit in.The compartments will sit higher for obvious reasons on mid mount pumps. It is all going to depend on where you want the panel mounted, who is going to bid on your specs and who you go with ...I'm sure you know that. Make sure you specify you want a roll up over the panels and be clear that you want the door to extend above the guages when it is full open. If you look at the pictures below it should give you a good idea on what it will look like on this type of panel. I can get some more pics if you want but these are the only two I have right now. Our pump panel on or truck ok it's a quint here at work is uncovered and it looks like crap. Hopefully if they do a refurb they will put roll ups on all the compartments and the panel too.

Good luck

Brad,
Thanks for the info and the pictures. We were concerned about our intakes not fitting but as I can see they can be recessed as well as the panel to fit. Thanks again.
Maria

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service