The nominations for the George D. Post, Instructor of the Year Award are now open! The Post Award is presented on the main stage at Fire Department Instructors Conference-FDIC in Indianapolis, Indiana. The winner will receive free transportation, lodging and registration to the conference. You don't have to be a nationally known speaker to win the award.
If you know an instructor who's gone the extra mile, then do the same for them! Any instructor who is working hard to make their firefighters safer, they could be the winner! You can get the nomination form at www.isfsi.org
or access it on the FDIC website at www.fdic.org
Also, don't forget to use the exclusive ISFSI registration form for FDIC to get your 10% discount off of conference registration! The Fire Engineering / ISFSI George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training. The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award
• will have displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire service through training;
• will have advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness
• will have gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
• will have brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs,
or will have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program; and
• will have served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters throughout the country.
The George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award marks individual accomplishment. Therefore, while members of an instructional team or ad hoc training group, for example, will be considered, nominations in the name of a fire department or training academy are not eligible.
Nominations must be received by December 31, 2008. Send them to Diane Feldman, George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award, Fire Engineering, 21-00 Route 208 South, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2602.