Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Fellow FOOLS,

As many of you may have noticed, there was no September meeting announcement on our website (in fact, this morning there wasn't anything on the website!). But, that's actually not a bad thing. Greg Wild and some of his cohorts have been working on switching our site to a new, more affordable host. Once things are up and running, you should see an increase in content and more links to things involving our Middle-TN brethren. And again, if you have pictures, news, or links to something that you or your department has done, send `em in.

So, how about that September meeting? In August, we discussed moving around a little and building in more outside events. We'd hoped for a lake trip this month, but weather and scheduling have conspired against us. So we're staying on dry land and holding the first annual FOOLS Fall Classic. Yup, golf. To be specific: Miniature golf.

We'll be playing at the Family Golf Center at Hickory Hollow at 5204 Blue H*** Road in Antioch. The meeting is next Tuesday, September 23rd, at 6:30. The tournament starts at 7:00. We'll be playing a skins format, which should make for some good competition. Plus, there's a grand prize for the player with the lowest overall score: Two tickets to see the Titans vs Minnesota on September 28th. The FGC also has go-karts, so there may even be some GP action after we're done puttin'.

Food isn't fancy, but it's there: Hot dogs, nachos, etc. I don't think they serve beer... Directions are below. We'll catch up on other news at the meeting. Until then, DTRT.

Joe

FOOLS Fall Classic Directions

From I-65
Exit Old Hickory Blvd. at Brentwood. Go east approximately 7 miles to Blue H*** Road. The Family Golf Center will be on the left after you pass the Sonic and Walgreens.

From I-24
Exit Bell Road. Go West approximately .8 mile to Blue H*** Road. The Family Golf Center will be on your right at the corner of Blue H*** Road.

http://www.thefamilygolfcenter.com/index.php

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats to Greg Wild, winner of the 2008 Middle Tennessee FOOLS Fall Classic. For his putting prowess, Greg received a pair of tickets to see the Titans stomp Minnesota last Sunday. I'm sure we'll have some pix from tournament up soon...
Thank you to all the "little people" who made this win possible. I think if Perrys wife called him more, than he might have won.
The probie gave it a valiant effort, but failed to perform when he needed to.
Phillip Barber looked better than he played while Joe was to busy smoking his pipe to concentrate on the game.
Frank the Tank gave me a good run, and I was a little nervous towards the end.
Ben just plain sucks at golf. It's amazing that his attention span actually made it to all 18.

So, thank you for the tickets, it was a good game, but spending time with my Brothers was even better!

Greg
Attachments:

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service