Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I have been a firefighter for over 35 years now. I have been a fire and life safety educator for 57 years. Huh? How old must this curmudgeon be? Let me explain, from the moment I took my first gulp of air my parents began concerning themselves with my safety. Except for the year they purchased a skate board for me their actions thoughout my life were based upon keeping me as safe as they could. My existence forced them to make certain purchases and decisions that would ultimately educate both them and me about fire and life safety. So I consider myself somewhat of an expert, and so should you, hopefully your parents cared about you as well

So here is some expert advice... log on to homesafetycouncil.org. This site offers free resources for you, your family and especially your public safety agency. Much of the material is easy and ready to use for whatever occasion or whatever your fire and life safety needs. I know the people who developed this site and while they don't have as much experience as me (57 years) they have been at it along time and they have proven methods of success. If you have not looked at this site please do so now, you will find the site to be user friendly and informative. Before you ask, no they didn't pay me to write this, as an expert in fire and life safety I recognize quality fire and life safety materials when I see them, my parents made sure of that.

Views: 89

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service