Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

pictuers  by www.hazmatpictures.com

Views: 1071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. Decon members both work on the up wind clean side, and on the tarp.

2. No opposing streams.

3. possibly a larger tarped area with booms or  water filled casing to act as a  better splash collection area

4. Cones or markings to designate the entry point,  maybe with broom sticks to with Ph paper and or chem classifier tapped to them if needed with banner tape for wind direction at decon point.   to monitor the warm zone.

5. A barrel at the decon entry point for eqiup and monitors.

6.. Grates if available in the pools

7. Assistance devices to get from one pools to another.

8. Absorbant pads to step on between each pool,  Ph paper, chem classifier or other monitor to test pool water concentration or for off gasing.  Also a hand pump and water collection barrel on stanby. This may be out of the picutre so it may have been utilized but not be able to be seen.

 

Well said!   There are  still a few more items  that we  should  do different!

Joe Hall said:

1. Decon members both work on the up wind clean side, and on the tarp.

2. No opposing streams.

3. possibly a larger tarped area with booms or  water filled casing to act as a  better splash collection area

4. Cones or markings to designate the entry point,  maybe with broom sticks to with Ph paper and or chem classifier tapped to them if needed with banner tape for wind direction at decon point.   to monitor the warm zone.

5. A barrel at the decon entry point for eqiup and monitors.

6.. Grates if available in the pools

7. Assistance devices to get from one pools to another.

8. Absorbant pads to step on between each pool,  Ph paper, chem classifier or other monitor to test pool water concentration or for off gasing.  Also a hand pump and water collection barrel on stanby. This may be out of the picutre so it may have been utilized but not be able to be seen.

 

Have a decon officer for Q.C. and to monitor the guys standing by for decon.

Set up decon on the street or other less porus ground, also to aviod slips and trips.

Don't let the hose go between your legs. Untangle other hose

Pull your suit over your boots.

Double your gloves over the sleeves and chem tape them around the sleeves to prevent secondary contamtion route.

Have an outer glove on your level A guys chem taped around the sleeves.

Chem tape suit by neck to close that small gap you usually have and by your mask to secure or seal your hood.

 


Have an outer glove on your level A guys chem taped around the sleeves <---- Most level  "A"   would not need an outter glove due to everything being built in.   Great points raised here!!!!!   We  still are  missing  a few more.   CAN YOU  FIND THEM?? 
Joe Hall said:

Have a decon officer for Q.C. and to monitor the guys standing by for decon.

Set up decon on the street or other less porus ground, also to aviod slips and trips.

Don't let the hose go between your legs. Untangle other hose

Pull your suit over your boots.

Double your gloves over the sleeves and chem tape them around the sleeves to prevent secondary contamtion route.

Have an outer glove on your level A guys chem taped around the sleeves.

Chem tape suit by neck to close that small gap you usually have and by your mask to secure or seal your hood.

 

From this picture, it APPEARS to look like the decon member on left, has no glove       on his right hand?

 

Am I seeing this wrong or does anyone else see it that way too???
Good eyes there are a few more  item s stilll
There is a person in the background, looks kind of close, almost in the warm zone depending on where their boundaries are drawn.  This could be an issue.

The Decon Corridor should be placed up wind, up hill from the potential incident scene, or the Hot Zone.  This area does not look that way.  Run off leaking into a public area or towards the building sitting in the background???  Decon folks in level B do not appear to have the necessary taping around their face pieces, gloves or boots.  Decon folks should be wearing a higher level of glove protection that what they currently are in this pic.

 

They are wearing training suits- so hope this is training. My first question is always- do we need wet decon, or is a dry doffing procedure appropriate with adequate monitoring.

Todd McKee said:
Good eyes there are a few more  item s stilll
Also, the scene does not appear to be taped, or sectioned off with cones or some kind of barrier, since that woman in the background is waltzing right in, behind the member getting hosed off, to right of his head.   peekaboo

Brian Jones said:
There is a person in the background, looks kind of close, almost in the warm zone depending on where their boundaries are drawn.  This could be an issue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts


Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service